Advice Request VoodooShield update problem

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Good morning, I'm running VoodooShield 3.38 beta in my home machine. I wanted to upgrade to the latest version. I saw a "Check for updates" button into VoodooShield settings, but It's not working, because I clicked it and prompted me "you have the latest version". Do I have to full uninstall the software and re-install it?

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Good morning, I'm running VoodooShield 3.38 beta in my home machine. I wanted to upgrade to the latest version. I saw a "Check for updates" button into VoodooShield settings, but It's not working, because I clicked it and prompted me "you have the latest version". Do I have to full uninstall the software and re-install it?
Voodooshield won't update automatically until it comes out of beta.

Please check this post for details of how to download the latest beta:

Changelog - Voodooshield Releases

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Tested again and found the popup sometimes appears behind the main window which gives the impression nothing has happened... but it is there...

voodooshield_update_check.JPG

KoalaK

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 24, 2013
Thx again askmark but no hidden notification and i don't even see connection attempt from both process
Like Berny waiting for the next build

Edit : find this in DeveloperLog
[11-16-2016 19:59:36] [ERROR] - Void UpdateCheck(Boolean): 13
[11-16-2016 19:59:38] [ERROR] - Exception in Main_UpdateCheck: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.. à System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
à System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
à System.Decimal.Parse(String s)
à VoodooShield.Main.UpdateCheck(Boolean asyn)
Seems related to my OS language (Windows 7 64 bits french).Hope this will help Dan

Last edited:

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Thx again askmark but no hidden notification and i don't even see connection attempt from both process
Like Berny waiting for the next build
That's odd. I don't know if it makes any difference to the outcome but installed 3.47 first and then automatically upgraded to 3.48.

As you say it's buggy either way and will hopefully fixed in the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.