Vote: Best On-Demand Scanner

In your experience, what is the best on-demand scanner?

• Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Votes: 45 72.6%
  • Hitman Pro

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Emisisoft Emergency Kit

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Comodo Cleaning Essentials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUPERAntiSpyware

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

strumdrum

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
As most of you will agree, having a good on-demand scanner to supplement your primary antivirus is important. If you could only choose one, which would it be?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I guess if only one MBAM since I have been using it for a long time.However I use multiple on-demand scanners,2 others which are listed.For this reason it is hard to say which one is the best.I would use all of those listed except for SAS.

Reactions: Venustus

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
I guess if only one MBAM since I have been using it for a long time.However I use multiple on-demand scanners,2 others which are listed.For this reason it is hard to say which one is the best.I would use all of those listed except for SAS.
I really agrre with you... There are all very very good (except SAS) and Its really hard to choose between them

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
MBAM is the one I trust most I would say but some of the others are fine and definitaly not SAS as has been mentioned.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and ESET Online Scanner (can be installed to PC).
- Free download
- Free removal (no hidden cost or catches)
- Free program and definition updates
- No background resources, when not in use
- EASY and simple to use, for any user

strumdrum

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I voted for MBAM as well. I didn't list it in the poll but I've been impressed with Tiranium Antivirus Scanner as it has very high detection rates. It's one to keep an eye on.

Reactions: ZeroDay

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
I voted for MBAM, been using it for a year, my reason is, it's free, no background resources, simple and has good detection rate.
Also..in my experience, I only face a few false positive

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Dr Web Curelt!
No need install, it´s portable!
Great detection on malware and rootkits!

Reactions: vrb93
I

illumination

I use a two of them listed myself, but if i had to chose only one, it would be Mbam.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Every On-demand scanners outperform each other in detecting & removal of malware. So nothing is best in my opinion. I always keep various on-demand scanners (currently 6) to gain benefit from all of them. As for protection I don't call " best " to any AV or on-demand scanners.

Recently when I visited eset online scanner webpage it showed that it is a one-time scan. Is this really true ? So I cannot scan the system later ?

http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/
Yup, u r right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@KaptainBug
1. Visit the site in a non-IE browser ie. Firefox or Chrome
2. After installed and scanned your computer or drives, uncheck 'Uninstall application and close'.
3. Create a shortcut to desktop or start for future use.
upload_2014-2-15_20-1-16.png

Reactions: adyblueboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.