Vote: Best On-Demand Scanner

In your experience, what is the best on-demand scanner?

• Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Votes: 45 72.6%
  • Hitman Pro

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Emisisoft Emergency Kit

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Comodo Cleaning Essentials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUPERAntiSpyware

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I would have to say MBAM because it detects zero-day Trojans like fake AV's, rogueware and other types of malware that all of the others tend to miss. Trojans are the most common malware that infects home users systems distributed by fake alert sites.
Emisisoft Emergency Kit is also pretty good if you know how to use all of the tools you can remove any kind of infection with it.

SUPERAntiSpyware is not very good any more since it was bought out by Support.com.
Comodo Cleaning Essentialsis too time consuming, takes forever to update and scan, Killswitch is extremely slow and buggy.
Of coarse if you have plenty of time to play with it you probably could remove any kind of infection.

ESET Online Scanner is probably the best online scanning tool.

McAfee Stinger, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool and Avira PC Cleaner are also a pretty good removal tools.

Thanks. :D

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I would have to say MBAM because it detects zero-day Trojans like fake AV's, rogueware and other types of malware that all of the others tend to miss. Trojans are the most common malware that infects home users systems distributed by fake alert sites.
Emisisoft Emergency Kit is also pretty good if you know how to use all of the tools you can remove any kind of infection with it.

SUPERAntiSpyware is not very good any more since it was bought out by Support.com.
Comodo Cleaning Essentialsis too time consuming, takes forever to update and scan, Killswitch is extremely slow and buggy.
Of coarse if you have plenty of time to play with it you probably could remove any kind of infection.

ESET Online Scanner is probably the best online scanning tool.

McAfee Stinger, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool and Avira PC Cleaner are also a pretty good removal tools.

Thanks. :D

Very good points indeed!

However, if you look at the Virus exchange forum Tiranium outclasses HitmanPro and MBAM, in detection capabilities!
I still use MBAM Pro And paid HitmanPro,but I'm really liking Tiranium at the moment:)

Reactions: Koroke San

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.