Advice Request VPN and social media

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Ive had recently problems since i bought warp+ vpn on 4.10.2023. I was banned from tinder same day as i bought it if i recall correct. Then 2 days later i was banned from instagram due sexual exploitation ( when i have only pictures of my dogs and i have only talked to my niece that is 12 years old) and on 9.10 my facebook was banned, since then i have exluded facebook app in tunnel mode on mobile device. I have already gave facebook my selfie, my id card , my phonenumber, email address, video selfie and still they arent sure who am i?

If i play games or use social media , should i tunnel them out of vpn incase i could get banned in game? Or any other social media platform?

nickstar1

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Hmm, i use a VPN for Facebook but mullvad and have never got banned. but i will also say i have a verified Facebook account and know a few Facebook staff members as well as do research projects for them. Not sure if this would have me excluded or not. If it continues to happen i would contact support. I also have facebook protect which is facebooks advanced 2FA protection. Unfortunately for games companies ban VPN usage due to bots i know runescape blocks them entirely.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Hmm, i use a VPN for Facebook but mullvad and have never got banned. but i will also say i have a verified Facebook account and know a few Facebook staff members as well as do research projects not sure if this would have me excluded or not. If it continues to happen i would contact support. I also have facebook protect which is facebooks advanced 2FA protection. Unfortunately for games companies ban VPN usage due to bots i know runescape blocks them entirely.
Only reason i made facebook is for instagram ban support
But it went like this:
- register facebook account, get banned instantly
- submit face picture, get banned again
- submit id card, get banned again
- submit video selfie, get banned again
- now im waiting to get unbanned for removal of facebook account.....

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

I have already gave facebook my selfie, my id card , my phonenumber, email address, video selfie and still they arent sure who am i?

If i play games or use social media , should i tunnel them out of vpn incase i could get banned in game? Or any other social media platform?
Did you seriously give Facebook all that info and ID? A phone number and email is all that is required to identify a user.

That is enough info to start some identify theft. Make sure it was indeed Facebook you were in contact with, and demand them to remove that info from their servers would be my advice.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Did you seriously give Facebook all that info and ID? A phone number and email is all that is required to identify a user.

That is enough info to start some identify theft. Make sure it was indeed Facebook you were in contact with, and demand them to remove that info from their servers would be my advice.
Yes im using their official app and im aware of what im doing, i just want to delete my facebook account forever. I talked with my friend and he told me this is kind of id crime

i dont mind anymore as i lost all of my instagram followers and my pictures ( thank god i have them on cloud) this is just driving me mentally sad

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Only reason i made facebook is for instagram ban support
But it went like this:
- register facebook account, get banned instantly
- submit face picture, get banned again
- submit id card, get banned again
- submit video selfie, get banned again
- now im waiting to get unbanned for removal of facebook account.....
The final verdication was that im not verified enough to join facebook and after those selfies and id card details i dont belong to facebook

Im feeling like im getting headhunted by meta, cya whatsapp, instagram, facebook im done with you guys, i continue my current career with telegram

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
The final verdication was that im not verified enough to join facebook and after those selfies and id card details i dont belong to facebook

Im feeling like im getting headhunted by meta, cya whatsapp, instagram, facebook im done with you guys, i continue my current career with telegram
I have not logged into facebook (meta) for several months, perhaps I should to see what happens...

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011

Believe me, you'll be way happier without social media.

Fuzzy_Bunny

Level 4
Sep 19, 2019
Ive had recently problems since i bought warp+ vpn on 4.10.2023. I was banned from tinder same day as i bought it if i recall correct. Then 2 days later i was banned from instagram due sexual exploitation ( when i have only pictures of my dogs and i have only talked to my niece that is 12 years old) and on 9.10 my facebook was banned, since then i have exluded facebook app in tunnel mode on mobile device. I have already gave facebook my selfie, my id card , my phonenumber, email address, video selfie and still they arent sure who am i?

Are you sure you are not hacked? I don't think you got banned just because of vpn. If sites/apps don't allow vpns they ask you to turn it off

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Are you sure you are not hacked? I don't think you got banned just because of vpn. If sites/apps don't allow vpns they ask you to turn it off
My devices are all clean , i never have been hacked in my life . I think i got banned because my age was different in instagram than in facebook ( privacy desicion) , and when my facebook got banned my instagram got banned 2 week later, even i submitted them face id, id card everything i have they decided to ban me . Tinder support didnt bother to tell me was it vpn or not.

In future i just dont use metas services and i continue using warp+

i have ocd of my security in my devices, i check autoruns and process explorer constantly

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

My devices are all clean , i never have been hacked in my life . I think i got banned because my age was different in instagram than in facebook ( privacy desicion) , and when my facebook got banned my instagram got banned 2 week later, even i submitted them face id, id card everything i have they decided to ban me . Tinder support didnt bother to tell me was it vpn or not.

In future i just dont use metas services and i continue using warp+

i have ocd of my security in my devices, i check autoruns and process explorer constantly
I think the question pertains to your online account not your devices. If your online account was hacked and used it may be why you are dealing with all of this. Although using several opinions/scanners to double check your system and network sniffing tools would not be a bad idea either.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I think the question pertains to your online account not your devices. If your online account was hacked and used it may be why you are dealing with all of this. Although using several opinions/scanners to double check your system and network sniffing tools would not be a bad idea either.
There were nothing suspicious going on the account except my doings , i dont think there was hacking involved in this case any way

1. tinder ban was because of creating account 2 times or because of using vpn
2. instagram ban for sexual harasment was complete nonsense, if i could take it to court i would but im not colossus
3. facebook account was connected to instagram account, maybe the previous case made them ban me on facebook aswell

But the dates dont make sense, my first ban on facebook was 24.9 and 2 weeks later my instagram was banned

If there was customer support i really would like to talk to them about the reason of these bans, but im small not colossus

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

There were nothing suspicious going on the account except my doings , i dont think there was hacking involved in this case any way

1. tinder ban was because of creating account 2 times or because of using vpn
2. instagram ban for sexual harasment was complete nonsense, if i could take it to court i would but im not colossus
3. facebook account was connected to instagram account, maybe the previous case made them ban me on facebook aswell

But the dates dont make sense, my first ban on facebook was 24.9 and 2 weeks later my instagram was banned

If there was customer support i really would like to talk to them about the reason of these bans, but im small not colossus
Sounds suspicious no matter how you look at it. Not much anyone here could advise you other than to contact their support as you just stated.

Personally I stay clear of dramabook " I mean Facebook," and the other not really sociable sites. They are mostly hey look at me sites, I prefer places like this one where I can learn something.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Sounds suspicious no matter how you look at it. Not much anyone here could advise you other than to contact their support as you just stated.

Personally I stay clear of dramabook " I mean Facebook," and the other not really sociable sites. They are mostly hey look at me sites, I prefer places like this one where I can learn something.
Customer support doesnt exist, even the company is biggest in the world. I dont mind tinder or facebook bans, i just miss my instagram as it was filled of my already dead dog and the current one , it was kind of artbook. I guess its better just make those pictures into irl ones and make irl art book of my dogs

tldr: im sad i lost the instagram account and was treated like inhuman

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I'm not sure if web email or social media platforms have different rules for VPN usage in different countries. In my experience, using a VPN to access web email, bank sites, or social media can cause suspicious connections. It's easy to verify web email or bank sites through methods like sending OTPs. I lost my Facebook and Twitter accounts because they asked for information that I hadn't given initially. They stated they would compare and confirm the information with my profile. I don't use social media or platforms like WhatsApp.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.