Advice Request VPN and unstable speed

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

franz

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
I have used the same vpn for 8 years, never had any particular problems with speed, but lately the speed is not only bad, it is catastrophically bad with many servers.

I have 750mb download, and when I use VPN server in my own country I get 2-5mb download. Have contacted the provider and they think the fault lies with me, but I tested with another VPN and get 460-560mb downloaded when I use server in my own country and the same speed in most countries in Europe. Despite this, the supplier still claims that the fault lies with me? I use 3-4 machines here and the speed is just as bad on all of them, and just as good when another VPN is used. Has anyone experienced this?

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I have used the same vpn for 8 years, never had any particular problems with speed, but lately the speed is not only bad, it is catastrophically bad with many servers.

I have 750mb download, and when I use VPN server in my own country I get 2-5mb download. Have contacted the provider and they think the fault lies with me, but I tested with another VPN and get 460-560mb downloaded when I use server in my own country and the same speed in most countries in Europe. Despite this, the supplier still claims that the fault lies with me? I use 3-4 machines here and the speed is just as bad on all of them, and just as good when another VPN is used. Has anyone experienced this?
What vpn are you using? what all other security software are you using ? what os are you using? what protocol are you using for vpn? Did you tried setting the vpn on router?

franz

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
What vpn are you using? what all other security software are you using ? what os are you using? what protocol are you using for vpn? Did you tried setting the vpn on router?
I am using PIA and f-secure safe. Using both win 8.1 and win10 and PIA's own 64bit application and WireGuard. Did not try to install vpn in the router. This is the same I use with the other VPN too.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.