Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Source
To give you peace of mind that your data is safe, we’re announcing the new VPN by Google One on our 2 TB and higher plans to provide an extra layer of online protection for your Android phone.

We already build advanced security into all our products, and the VPN extends that security to encrypt all of your phone’s online traffic, no matter what app or browser you’re using. The VPN is built into the Google One app, so with just one tap, you can rest assured knowing your connection is safe from hackers.
Learn more

Whitepaper [PDF]
Some minimum logging is performed to ensure quality of service, but your network traffic is never logged and your IP is not associated to your activity.

Last edited:

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
Reminder to those who don't know, Google already has a VPN: Google Connectivity Services/Google WiFi Assistant are available for Pixels and Android phones on Google Fi. It connects whenever you are on public wifi for your security.I strongly suspect they are just using that. I don't know what protocol was used on my Pixel but it recently got an update.

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
Same applies with Microsoft, Apple, Amazon and countless other internet trackers and advertisers?

Edit: And your ISP.
That is why I have my own VPN server which I am sure I am not tracking myself... but of course I do not care if the IP address is under my name... but tracking history is never recorded. :)

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
Google has a bunch of practical applications for use in daily life but if once cares to read their T&Cs they leave you cross eyed. And then each sub-product has it's own sneaky little set of T&C. Not just that, Google can be very high handed and pull the plug if you deviate ever so slightly from those T&Cs all done automatically by their servers.. I'd be wary of this new product. No way will I sign up for Google One VPN.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.