Advice Request VPN killswitch with Wireguard

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
So, I've been trialing several VPNs lately. I've testing out Nord, only come to find out I hate the client; they should not force users to sigh in via a browser with no VPN. I kind of think that defeats the purpose of using one at all. As a work around, I've generated ovpn files and am currently using a third-party VPN client named Viscosity. However it does not support Wireguard. Just because I'm curious, is there any way to use the official wireguard client and still use some kind of a killswitch? It's well know that the integrated killswitch in the client itself does nothing on Windows machines, since wireguard and its generic interface was initially designed for linux.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.