VPN Question

Thread author
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
n/a
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
n/a
Question.png

If I am connected to my home internet connection, should my VPN profile setting be set to "Private" or "Public"? If I connect to a public network, do I need to change this setting? Cheers!

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016

If I am connected to my home internet connection, should my VPN profile setting be set to "Private" or "Public"? If I connect to a public network, do I need to change this setting? Cheers!
Despite the answer is pretty obvious I will share with you what I personally do. If I do not wish to print or be connected to anybody in my home network, I always set my home network on PUBLIC. Same applies for public spots. I always use public profile and manually change it to home if needed.

Upvote 0

Thread author
Despite the answer is pretty obvious I will share with you what I personally do. If I do not wish to print or be connected to anybody in my home network, I always set my home network on PUBLIC. Same applies for public spots. I always use public profile and manually change it to home if needed.
I set it as public because any Windscribe users can access the server.
I went ahead and left it on Public. I was having issues with the Microsoft Store and one app from the Microsoft store when I had the setting set to "Private". Thanks though!

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.