Advice Request VPN server load, does it matter?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020

"Showing load is useless. All our servers operate at <40% load. If it's higher, we get more servers in that location.
As for ping, we will see what we can do about adding a setting."

Also, someone said to me:
"We added the status page (Windscribe) for people that really like seeing this stuff. We will not pollute our apps with useless metrics."

I was wondering to hear about your thoughts here above the above sayings.

Why ProtonVPN Plus shows server load, and ExpressVPN doesn't?

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
I mean that's the founder and main programmer of Windscribe. He sees all the metrics and whatever but I disagree. As a Windscribe Pro user I can feel the difference between a server at 10% load and 30-40% load. The difference between the unloaded and loaded ping becomes huge. Sites and streaming content take slightly longer to resolve and ramp up speed.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.