HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Here are the reviews and tutorial

Guavi's VPNCheck Pro Review - Need to Keep Your VPN Connected ?
Keep Your VPN Connected When You Need it, Using VPNCheck Pro

Video here

Why I'm using it?

I'm trial testing ZorroVPN and it does NOT comes with a built-in Kill Switch. You'll need to install OpenVPN and set the Kill Switch feature in Windows.....too tedious for me. And you need to use the default Windows Firewall to use with OpenVPN when setting the Kill Switch thus limiting the user from using a 3rd-party firewall

Secondly, some VPNs come with a Kill Switch but it's not effectively working.

Thirdly, sometimes VPN connection can drop midway or if you need to change server frequently.

In comes VPNCheck Pro. It does its job by notifying, with a pop-up message, that the VPN connection has dropped and it cuts off ALL applications that you listed in there from connecting to the net. It supports OpenVPN and some features work if there's OpenVPN only like its MAC address changer etc

When the VPN connection is up your applications can be set to automatically connect to the net again

You can get it here

VPNCheck Pro | Guavi.com

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Ok, I was at a public library a while ago using its public WiFi. Suddenly the WiFi disconnected and FF and Chrome browsers both shut down.

However, I noticed that if I start Chrome/FF in private/incognito mode they'll not reload in private/incognito mode even if you set Applications in VPNCheck Pro to Autorun (i.e. auto reload after VPN shuts down and reloads). The browsers will be reloaded in non-private/incognito mode if you recover them

Last edited:

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Here are the reviews and tutorial

Secondly, some VPNs come with a Kill Switch but it's not effectively working.

Now I am connected to a Private Vpn that has a Kill Switch feature and it works fine.

2a.jpg

Reactions: HarborFront

bobby holla

Level 2
Verified
Oct 30, 2014
This is a nice piece of software. unfortunately my license has expired long ago and i can't afford it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.