Serious Discussion VPNSecure says it didn’t know customers had lifetime subscriptions and cancels them

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 86
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Forum Veteran
The new owners of VPN provider VPNSecure have drawn ire after canceling lifetime subscriptions. The owners told customers that they didn’t know about the lifetime subscriptions when they bought VPNSecure, and they cannot honor the purchases.

In March, complaints started appearing online about lifetime subscriptions to VPNSecure no longer working.

The first public response Ars Technica found came on April 28, when lifetime subscription holders reported receiving an email from the VPN provider saying:

To continue providing a secure and high-quality experience for all users, Lifetime Deal accounts have now been deactivated as of April 28th, 2025.
 
As a business owner looking to purchase another business , it is your responsibility to do your due diligence on the company you are purchasing, therefore the excuse "we didn't know" does not fly and the person who bought it is probably either a simpleton or a complete moron , and even IF that was the case, then you eat the loss and make it up somewhere else.
What they did just tells you how cheesy new ownership is. It won't be very long before VPNSecure takes a dirt nap
 
Last edited:
'They didn’t know about the lifetime subscriptions when they bought VPNSecure' - I saw some fairies today at the bottom of my garden too :p
It is possible I guess, considering that lifetime licenses were not available for purchase or even mentioned on their website and I believe were only available from StackSocial.
 
I had a lifetime license. But have not used it for a long time.
My point exactly. people bought it and have it but don't actually use it then complain about a irrelevant VPN company that again I say, no one uses in the first place.

Lesson learnt I guess? Don't trust fringe VPN companies with life time licenses.
 
I almost forgot buying a lifetime from Stacksocial at the time, which I rarely used for whatever reason. I logged in today and my credentials were still valid, and was presented with the following super duper uber fantastical offer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1747308547172.png
 
I almost forgot buying a lifetime from Stacksocial at the time, which I rarely used for whatever reason. I logged in today and my credentials were still valid, and was presented with the following super duper uber fantastical offer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I received an email from VPNSecure offering me some very cheap subscriptions.
 
People should just be happy that they were able to use this cheap VPN for many years with this "Lifetime Subscription". I have KeepSolid VPN/ VPN Unlimited's lifetime deal which I bought for 13 dollars on Stacksocial and it is working fine since last four years, it is already worth it for me even if the company closes in future.
 
I got the same mail, but I can't even remember ever buying it in the first place, as other mention, you take your chances with a lifetime licence as they are generally unsustainable for a company anyway. :)
 
They are unsustainable, companies don't honor them or add terms that its only valid for 5/10 years. TBH if I only paid $10 like roger_m I wouldn't care.

The good thing about software is that you can end subscription or license once it expires. Once something better comes a long you just jump ship.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top