System recovery
N/A

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@WalterWolf: please add Disk Imaging Backup solution: Macrium Refect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliable.

As Virus and Malware Removal Tools, You may add ZAM Free and Norton Power Eraser, for on demand scans from time to time.

Also for Personal data Backup, it would be also welcome to have an extra external device such as a hard drive, not only an USB pendrive.

Thanks for sharing :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you can have space on the USB, you can partition it to create a Recovery ISO for Windows 7. Nothing better than Windows not booting.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Just a few notes, if you like privacy search engines that don't track you, could replace Google with StartPage or DuckDuckGo as a prefered default search engine.

For Firefox extensions, i could suggest adding HTTPS Everywhere & maybe Cookie AutoDelete for your setup.

~LDogg

WalterWolf

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
If you can have space on the USB, you can partition it to create a Recovery ISO for Windows 7. Nothing better than Windows not booting.

It has 3GB Free, have to buy another one. I'm not a fan of cloud backups.

Just a few notes, if you like privacy search engines that don't track you, could replace Google with StartPage or DuckDuckGo as a prefered default search engine.

For Firefox extensions, i could suggest adding HTTPS Everywhere & maybe Cookie AutoDelete for your setup.

~LDogg

I was using DuckDuckGo, it lacks of search results when I search for my country stuff. I added "Cookie AutoDelete" and "HTTPS Everywhere"
Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Added: NPE and ZAM Free both as on demand scanners

WalterWolf

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
@WalterWolf: plead kindly edit Your config and reflect the changes, thanks :)
I did.

I did not suggest to use Cloud backups, the Recovery ISO can reside on your USB, DVD or External HDD, once purchased. Nothing will be stored online.

Yeah that's what I meant, I wrote that I have to buy another usb cuz I don't like cloud backups or maybe will buy WD Elements 750GB it's kinda cheap tho.

Reactions: harlan4096

WalterWolf

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
I suggest you to update to Windows 10.

Add Sandboxie Free (and use it while browsing to have more protection).

Follow suggestions about backups.

Thanks for sharing.

Sandboxie Free is good tho. I'll pass Windows 10 for now, I tried to use it for few times. Always problems with it, updates, ads etc. since I don't do gaming anymore maybe I'll move to Linux or Hackintosh sometime soon or after Win 7 support is gone. Windows 7 is working super fine for me atm.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
"Security Updates:
Disabled - No security or feature updates"

This is not a good idea, especially if you are using Windows 7, much more insecure compared to Windows 10.

WalterWolf

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
"Security Updates:
Disabled - No security or feature updates"

This is not a good idea, especially if you are using Windows 7, much more insecure compared to Windows 10.

I set it on disabled because I use "Simplix Pack"

Reactions: tim one

WalterWolf

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
/Update
-Removed Windows 10 Pro Edited System(Personal Edit)
-Installed Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC
-Security- Windows Default
-Removed FireFox
-Added Google Chrome
-Removed uBlock and rest of addons
-Added Nano Blocker and Nano Defender
-Removed all on demand scanners, download them when needed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-System runs on 120 Samsung EVO SSD, almost all data is on hard drive

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
/Update
-Removed Windows 10 Pro Edited System(Personal Edit)
-Installed Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC
-Security- Windows Default
-Removed FireFox
-Added Google Chrome
-Removed uBlock and rest of addons
-Added Nano Blocker and Nano Defender
-Removed all on demand scanners, download them when needed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-System runs on 120 Samsung EVO SSD, almost all data is on hard drive
Just curious, what do you like about Windows Enterprise edition?

Reactions: oldschool

WalterWolf

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Nano Defender may not be needed as Nano Adblocker already has Defender integration. Could also use AAK (Anti Adblock Killer) from filterlists.

~LDogg
Ayt removed it, didn't know that it has Defender integration. Just noticed it in filters few mins ago

Just curious, what do you like about Windows Enterprise edition?
It's clean version of Windows 10, no metro trash, ads, no xbox app etc at least LTSC(LTSB) version.

Last edited:

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
I use windows 10 Pro "N" however is not clean at all its had some apps which i dont want to had but i deleted it by faq from fdossa.
I preffer use normal account instead of admin.. less risk.

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.