Question Waredot ultimate

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
What's sad is imagine how much damage the antivirus would do to windows stability if one were to remove all of those "infections". Who knows what it would delete. That's just sad.

FPs unfortunately are an issue on BD. You have to set it to ignore after a full scan. Advanced Threat Defence is very aggressive! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Trident and roger_m

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Tested the Ultimate version quickly: Very bad
Although the IS version uses Sophos, the Ultimate I could not even identify the engine ...

I had 3 system crashes during the test (BSOD) due to Waredot.

The interface is copied from Bitdefender.
But it's not at all stable, and Waredot uses .NET, which is clearly made lighter...

Capture d’écran 2023-09-16 160758.png

Capture d’écran 2023-09-16 160235.png

I connect to my VPN (Sofia server: Bulgaria) and download several pieces of malware (Trojan, RAT, Botnet, Injector, Ransomware etc...).
It does not disable Microsoft Defender, which has detected all threats...
During extraction, Waredot shows me an infection with a name copied from Bitdefender. I'm telling you right now, he's not using Bitdefender... Everything is done to deceive the user... (hello Bitdefender's lawyers when they find out :D )

Capture d’écran 2023-09-16 161900.png

I start testing, but his ATC module doesn't detect anything...
The machine quickly gets infected, crashes with a BSOD and everything is encrypted...

Capture d’écran 2023-09-16 162040.png

Capture d’écran 2023-09-16 162201.png

For me, this software is a scam.

- It uses a copy of the Bitdefender UI.
- It imitates Bitdefender's detections, but doesn't use them.
- It claims to be able to protect you, but it's completely false
- It has defensive shields that don't work

Don't use it!

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
It says “Visus detected” and “Malrware quarantined”.
I don’t think further comment is necessary.
IMG_3223.jpeg

Whilst it may be using Bitdefender’s multiple OEM offerings, including White labels (which can be customised and modified) they may have omitted others to save money. ATC may be one of them. They may have considered it is not necessary.

The overall product as well as the company are a joke, if you ask me, an absolute paravane for something else. Mentioned in previous posts.
These guys are not passionate about security the way K7 are, despite being mediocre as well.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.