Update Watchdog Anti-Malware 4 released (based on Zemana)

roger_m

Level 34
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Version 4 of Zemana rebrand Watchdog Anti-Malware, has just been released. It has a new UI you can see a screenshot of if you open the link.
It is still based on Zemana, even though there appears to be no v4 of Zemana yet. I'm not sure how it compares to Zemana v3 for malware detection.

roger_m

Level 34
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014

Harputlu

Level 2
Dec 26, 2016
Version 4 of Zemana rebrand Watchdog Anti-Malware, has just been released. It has a new UI you can see a screenshot of if you open the link.
It is still based on Zemana, even though there appears to be no v4 of Zemana yet. I'm not sure how it compares to Zemana v3 for malware detection.
I sent a message to the zemana. They said they would release a new version but could not give a date. I guess they just made visual changes(watchdog)

Digmor Crusher

Level 11
Verified
Jan 27, 2018
I don't really think that MB has gone downhill, the last 2 or 3 tests I saw showed that their protection levels are improving from earlier tests and their detection rates are really high. (Taken with a grain of salt for those who don't believe in these tests ).

Taticus

Jun 29, 2021
And where is the changelog?
Remember, these guys product is based on a licens from ZAM, if ZAM is not updated, well.

I can give out a program with a new number over and over and call it an update. Who can tell if it is true or not.

Well, I believe they are not relying on Zemana's technology anymore.
You can place the sniffer and you'll see that the connections of Scan Cloud are going towards their servers instead of Zemana's.
Also, you can test it out by running them alongside. In the past, their drivers used to collide.
Watchdog has been improving their product since last year, providing updates every now and then.
I cannot recall when was the last time Zemana made an update?

Last edited:

pxxb1

Level 4
Jan 17, 2018
Well, I believe they are not relying on Zemana's technology anymore.
You can place the sniffer and you'll see that the connections of Scan Cloud are going towards their servers instead of Zemana's.
Also, you can test it out by running them alongside. In the past, their drivers used to collide.
Watchdog has been improving their product since last year, providing updates every now and then.
I cannot recall when was the last time Zemana made an update?

Improving?... you mean changed the look.
There is no changelog for the program and there is no tests that can confirm that improvement you are saying has occured. Even you yourself is requesting tests for the improvement you are saying has occured.

Do not get me wrong, i think positively about WD to but, this affinity for the program has to be proven in some way otherwise it is just an air castle.

The thought that it is the guys behind ZAM that is, now, behind WD has crossed my mind. A way to go from a stigmatized program to another with more positive image.

I had a conversation with Arman Tugsal from ZAM, recently about ZAL as to why it has not been update even though ZAM has. To cut it short, he stopped answering when i pointed out some vital points as to why ZAL should be updated if they have done so for ZAM. This whole ZAM business and their forks is... shady.

Last edited: