Watchdog Anti-Virus BETA

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
HI @Mops21
Thanks for mentioning it.
Yes, we did a soft launch of the current latest stable version.
And yes, Watchdog Anti-Virus has the following minimum requirements:
The lifetime license only works in beta version. why ?
Scanning is still very slow when cloud scanning is active. You need to fix this problem.
i think the program is still in beta phase. no ransomware protection yet. cloud scan not working properly.
When I wanted to cancel the scan, I waited for 5 minutes, when it was not cancelled, I closed the program.

Last edited:

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
The lifetime license only works in beta version. why ?
Scanning is still very slow when cloud scanning is active. You need to fix this problem.
i think the program is still in beta phase. no ransomware protection yet. cloud scan not working properly.
When I wanted to cancel the scan, I waited for 5 minutes, when it was not cancelled, I closed the program.
BETA license keys are lifetime and hence they can be only activated in BETA version.
BETA version will always get the latest version, and always before the stable version.
Yes, we're aware of the problems you've mentioned and we're working on fixing and improving the product.
Thank you @Harputlu

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
HI @Mops21
Thanks for mentioning it.
Yes, we did a soft launch of the current latest stable version.
And yes, Watchdog Anti-Virus has the following minimum requirements:
Hi @Watchdog

Thank you very much for your infos

Any infos to add the Scan Engines from WAV + WAM in virustotal.com

With best Regards
Mops21

I3rYcE

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
This software is cruelly bad. I don't know why we need another copy of Zemana. The detection of malware is below critical. I don't even want to talk about pricing.

56,99 €​

👎

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
This software is cruelly bad. I don't know why we need another copy of Zemana. The detection of malware is below critical. I don't even want to talk about pricing.

56,99 €​

👎

For the detection I confirm, it is really not good...
Funny thing, during the scan, it saw a malware that I had launched during my URL tests (Worm.Phorpiex), the real-time shield said nothing... (probably on vacation, since it's summer ^^ )
I don't say more, video from tonight ;)

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
BETA license keys are lifetime and hence they can be only activated in BETA version.
In my opinion you should enable the lifetime license status for the retail version activated with beta keys as users with beta keys helped during the development phase of the product and took their time to test the product that lead to further improvements of such product.

Last edited:

I3rYcE

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
In my opinion you should enable the lifetime license status for the retail version activated with beta keys as users with beta keys helped during the development phase of the product and took their time to test the product that lead to further improvements of such product.
You got the code for free to test the program in beta.

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
For the detection I confirm, it is really not good...
Funny thing, during the scan, it saw a malware that I had launched during my URL tests (Worm.Phorpiex), the real-time shield said nothing... (probably on vacation, since it's summer ^^ )
I don't say more, video from tonight ;)
Thanks @Shadowra
We're aware that we have still much more work to do.

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
Thanks @Shadowra
We're aware that we have still much more work to do.
That's like saying you're building a skyscraper and you've only moved one shovel's worth of dirt. I would get it if this was in alpha, or pre-beta, The fact that it was even released as "stable" in this form, with that detection rate, should be absolutely embarrassing. Hell, this is embarrassing results for a semi-public beta testing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.