Watchdog Anti-Virus BETA

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
I installed the program, the interface is simple, I like it very much. When will ransomware protection and content control be added ? Currently inactive . Isn't this antivirus program completely different from zemana protection?

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Testing it... the SDK engine is.......

ClamAV !

@Watchdog , any explanation? :)

1Jdxh93B.png

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
Testing it... the SDK engine is.......

ClamAV !

@Watchdog , any explanation? :)

1Jdxh93B.png
Yes, we're using ClamAV scanning engine, databases are our own we combine our RT and CloudScan engine.
Also, we have several Yara rules in the pipeline waiting for integration with VT and other collaborative technologies.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Yes, we're using ClamAV scanning engine, databases are our own we combine our RT and CloudScan engine.
Also, we have several Yara rules in the pipeline waiting for integration with VT and other collaborative technologies.

This is what I noticed, hence my surprise.
I have seen your engine.
I'll make a report tonight or tomorrow, because a lot of things are wrong for the moment

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
This is what I noticed, hence my surprise.
I have seen your engine.
I'll make a report tonight or tomorrow, because a lot of things are wrong for the moment
That's Okay, keep in mind it's still in BETA phase so please take your time and send over any comments, feedback and suggestions.
Thanks @Shadowra ❤️

• Applause
Reactions: Shadowra

Watchdog

From Watchdog
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 7, 2021
I installed the program, the interface is simple, I like it very much. When will ransomware protection and content control be added ? Currently inactive . Isn't this antivirus program completely different from zemana protection?

Currently, we're mostly focused on these two things:
1. Releasing a rudimentary stable version of WAV
2. Improving detection ratio

We combine a lot of different technologies in order to get there:
- Opensource Clam AV for scan
- Our own virus databases + various databases from other collaborative sources
- Different set of pipelines and Yara Rules for VT collaboration
- We have ransomware protection + content control modules ready but want to have a stable WAV release first and then slowly work on feature development
- etc.

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
Thanks @marciocruz , please do report anything you find that you consider it's important for us at this stage.
So far is working ok,the biggest issue so far, is the detection rate, but since it uses clamav (is not that good as we all know) and your own engine ( new so is normal not be that good). otherwise is doing ok. i will use it on my "main" machine, so i will let u know if someting else "pops up", do u want us to the send the samples to you u? or at this point there is no need?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.