We Need Your Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, Orion tested the ransomware with Shadow Defender enabled, which hopefully means they don't need to restore from a backup. They are asking for help because they're reporting the problem to Avast and need additional information.
@Malware Person @ahity

Reactions: AtlBo

Orion

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 8, 2016
There were some testers from MT and Avast forums who tested IDP alone with/without internet connection and some variations in results were found.

This has been spoken to avast Devs and situation is normal.Please remember IDP requires web shield and cloud too it's somewhat dependent on it but not entirely.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Noticed that IDP takes a while before detecting threats as well. Usually if the threat is time sensitive like ransomware then the computer is done for, but if they are trojans that lie and wait for passwords to be keyed in then IDP might actually be useful.

Also like the post on the forum stated, it is detected by filerep, so if you have all your shield on then the malware probably wouldn't be able to execute.

If it was able to execute because you had some shield off, then it's probably your fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.