Expired Webroot SecureAnywhere Special 90-Day Antivirus Offer

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promo page
https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/promotions/90-day-offer
How to get a license
Cybercriminals are taking advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic. As we all spend more time online, we want to make sure you and your family are safe from opportunistic hackers and online threats. That's why we're offering you 90 days

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
IF anyone is interested...... up to120 days here, ✌ (use a translator)

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
IF anyone is interested...... up to120 days here, ✌ (use a translator)
you are the best hunder :D

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
did not try webroot for gamers but as gamer
am really curiosity of that part "Play PC games with no annoying lag or interruptions"

You're very welcome :giggle:
I am curious also to what is the difference in this gamer version. BTW I am envious of where you are! I would like to visit one day. (I think you can figure out I am a fan of ancient Egypt!) Lol

DSD27

Level 5
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
I am curious also to what is the difference in this gamer version. BTW I am envious of where you are! I would like to visit one day. (I think you can figure out I am a fan of ancient Egypt!) Lol
The only difference is that the "gamer version" has a system optimizer, which removes temporary and unnecessary files. Basically a CCleaner, not worth it. The skin is exactly the same, the name is the same, SecureAnywhere, the installation name is the same, it's the exact same thing plus that feature, it doesn't mention "gamer" anywhere.
Also, tests show it's a poor antivirus, like @LDogg said, it creates a hidden folder called WTRoot taking up gigabytes of your data, so even one their best selling point, that it only takes 4MB disk space, is a straight up lie.

Use Kaspersky Cloud Free, it's both better and lighter than Windows Defender.

Last edited:

abdullahmoe3

Thread author
Apr 16, 2020

as DSD27 point out its same i just installed game version and there are no different

if you visit egypt
i Then I recommend you to visit the Nile and Alexandria

Even Bitdefender is lighter than Windows Defender.

~LDogg
Bitdefender uses a lot of ram

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Most of the time, if you have over 4 GB of ram it doesnt really matter, as long as the CPU usage remains low, but yeah, it is still 3-4 times heavier than windows defender.
In my recent trialing of BD I find it is just about 100MB more than WD when in use, or during/after a scan, (about 350 MB) and about the same when the system is idle (around 200MB total). For reference WD on my system sits just under 200MB, double would put it at about 400.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
My friend offered me a 2-year license for the game edition. It is the same but it offers a junk files cleaner and safe erase feature and nothing else. Anyway, I kinda like Webroot.
maybe it pulls back on the webroot journaling to free up more resources for the game? but even if is just mainly marketing, nothing is lighter than webroot.

Devilboss94

Level 1
Apr 16, 2020
maybe it pulls back on the webroot journaling to free up more resources for the game? but even if is just mainly marketing, nothing is lighter than webroot.

Hello, look at me some time ago I tried Webroot SecureAnywhere on Windows 10, and strangely when it was said I found it very heavy, with a constant use of Cpu above 10% and slowdowns in the opening of programs noticeable.
While I also tried it on an old laptop that I no longer have with Windows 7 and 2gb of Ram and it was really light, I use 0% of CPU and ram consumption below 5 mb.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Hello, look at me some time ago I tried Webroot SecureAnywhere on Windows 10, and strangely when it was said I found it very heavy, with a constant use of Cpu above 10% and slowdowns in the opening of programs noticeable.
While I also tried it on an old laptop that I no longer have with Windows 7 and 2gb of Ram and it was really light, I use 0% of CPU and ram consumption below 5 mb.
Yes it seems webroot, kaspersky free and panda dome free are the lightest on system resources. BUT there is always controversy with the protection of webroot and panda! (I know some people will say Bitdefender is also light but in my experience it isn't and not on a system using any I3 processor or older cpu's and only 8 gb of ram or less! )

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Yes it seems webroot, kaspersky free and panda dome free are the lightest on system resources. BUT there is always controversy with the protection of webroot and panda! (I know some people will say Bitdefender is also light but in my experience it isn't and not on a system using any I3 processor or older cpu's and only 8 gb of ram or less! )
Eset is very light in AV industry and good protection also

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.