Websites that Hate AdBlockers

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Never bothered using an adblocker. Too much hassle for me and my internet is so good ads don't slow me down. :)

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Seems like uBlock Origin and AdGuard are best at getting the job done regards sites that want one to turn off the adblockers.
Anyone know of others?

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

Seems like uBlock Origin and AdGuard are best at getting the job done regards sites that want one to turn off the adblockers.
Anyone know of others?
Nope, but i think those 2 are the best, one is browser only, while the other is also system wide (with added features).

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Never bothered using an adblocker. Too much hassle for me and my internet is so good ads don't slow me down. :)
The opposite here.
Anyone know of others?
They seem to be the best since anything I do that strays away from them either doesn't block youtube video ads, no cosmetic filtering, bad anti-antiadblock or sponsored posts. Adblocker Ultimate uses English Filters which have good anti-antiadblocking so could be included.

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I backed into cruelsister's Business Insider link and ended up in the Nederland version, then went to United States, and got no warnings at either site. Running both uBlock Origin & perceptual ad blocker. Now curious, headed to Forbes...

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I backed into cruelsister's Business Insider link and ended up in the Nederland version, then went to United States, and got no warnings at either site. Running both uBlock Origin & perceptual ad blocker. Now curious, headed to Forbes...

...for an instant Forbes said something about AdBlock, but disappeared so fast no time to read small print, and then it let me read articles. (?)

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I don't know about you guys/gals but, when you frequently visit a site for its free & useful content then you have a moral obligation (aleast for me) to add it to your adblock whitelist (of course only if the ads doesn't distract you too much).
For some authors the ads on their website may be the only income souce, apart from premium subscription.

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I don't know about you guys/gals but, when you frequently visit a site for its free & useful content then you have a moral obligation (aleast for me) to add it to your adblock whitelist (of course only if the ads doesn't distract you too much).
For some authors the ads on their website may be the only income souce, apart from premium subscription.

I also do this if the ads are not too intrusive.
Let's not kill other people's business if they are honest.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Unless one is data limited, there must be a market for an adblocker which downloads ads but blocks their display... a win-win?
Advertisers and publishers won't see it that way. If you're tampering with ad displays in any way you're breaching the so-called "implied contract" that you apparently accepted when you chose to browse the web. (Even though we pay exorbitant sums of money for the luxury.)
It'd work well for impression based ads but PPC ads would be made obsolete. It also wouldn't eliminate the security or privacy risk they pose.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
If that's the case, then website owners have a moral obligation to make sure the ads are safe and not malware-related.

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Unless one is data limited, there must be a market for an adblocker which downloads ads but blocks their display... a win-win?

uBlock is completely open-source part of a low reward company.
If that's the case, then website owners have a moral obligation to make sure the ads are safe and not malware-related.

Honest websites do. We do not have to be paranoic concerning malvertising since it is very rare in trusted, popular websites.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.