Marko :)

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Hello everyone!

First of all, I don't even know if the problem is affecting only me or it is the same for everyone, so here's a detailed explanation.

My language has diacrtic letters (basically, letters with symbols above them, like č ć đ š ž). On all english websites which use web fonts (like Google Fonts) and do not have these letters written on it, when I add one, text disappears on a second and then comes back. It's really annoying, strange and it doesn't happen in other web browsers like Firefox and Edge. If I block web fonts and write these letters, text won't disappear. YouTube and MalwareTips are some of the websites where the problem is present. You can try it yourself to see if that happens to you as well, but not in this thread since I've already used diacritic letters in this post.

This is how issue looks in Chrome:
GIF.gif

This is how it's supposed to be, like in Firefox.
GIF2.gif

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Hi, you can try a USB keyboard. Maybe it's a notebook keyboard failure. Regards!
I am, actually, using both keyboards. It doesn't matter on what keyboard I type, same problem happens. :emoji_neutral_face:

So far, I've tried Portable Chrome on Windows; issue is still there. Now I'm downloading Ubuntu to see if problem is present there too.

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Still nothing... :(

@BoraMurdar Same is on Ubuntu with Chrome. It's probably going to be the same with Hirens BootCD PE, but I'm going to try it anyway.
Seems that Chrome doesn't like you... :) Have you tried latest MS Chromium Edge, they've removed a bunch of Google's stuff from it so the last thing I could try is that. It's really frustrating.

Upvote 0

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
It's not working in Chrome on Hiren's BootCD PE either. I'll try with pure Chromium and then MS Chromium Edge, but I doubt it. :confused:

EDIT: Yeah, it's the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Trying to reproduce your mistake... the same thing happens to me logging in chrome with a vpn in usa and with the translator activated.

• Wow
Reactions: Marko :)
Upvote 0

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Well... I tell you that to reproduce the error I had to install a vpn extension in chrome and enable the automatic translation of the browser. Look at those options to see if it's fixed.

Upvote 0

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Well... I tell you that to reproduce the error I had to install a vpn extension in chrome and enable the automatic translation of the browser. Look at those options to see if it's fixed.
I don't have VPN extension nor I use VPN for surfing the web. About translation, it's turned off for English language since I know it pretty well.

Reactions: eonline
Upvote 0

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
The only thing that occurs to me is that if you have synchronization enabled, it is that you deactivate it. :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Reactions: Marko :)
Upvote 0

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Update

I have reported the issue to the Chromium team. They said that is actually a website feature; it doesn't download support font for diacritic letters by default and loads it on demand to speed up loading of the page and reduce network usage. Since, it's happening here and @BoraMurdar said he doesn't have these issues, I find it hard to believe that's a feature.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.