Advice Request What about comodo AV 11?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

CIS has improved greatly over time, it is becoming more stable. I can remember a time, when you were lucky if you could get it installed completely without crashing your system. Had comodo just focused on their security suite instead of all these half baked off the wall applications they come up with, they would have reached this point long ago.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Before I begin let me say that I Never (never, ever) will install a major Comodo update BEFORE it is available via the internal updater. Personally I view previous versions as nothing more than Beta's, and on should NEVER use a beta as the main Security solution. So although I've played with version 11 in a VM, my main system still is protected (extremely well) by version 10. So the following comments would pertain only to version 10 (although my VM work shows that version 11 is similar).

1). After reading these complaints I tried to install an unsigned application. Indeed although there was no ASK or ALLOW option, a popup did appear with a "Do Not Isolate Again" option. Perhaps I am simple-minded, but isn't that choice identical to ALLOW or ASK? Further, if one is undecided as to what to do when the popup appears, it is simplicity itself just to change the effected application to Trusted instead of Untrusted on the main GUI.

But God Forbid Comodo misspells something...

Not exactly, for example while installing Killing Floor 2 (Steam) some components will install just fine, but I dont know the reason but some components like Microsoft Visual C++ will be isolated and this will result in installation problems.

Anyway I far from being a Comodo hater, I actually use it in my main desktop and in my parents machine.

Last edited:

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
I dont have that problem, only one is having like 100 unregonized files after recent windows update, even the mainfiles are trusted . cba go throught them since nothing is getting blocked so it will fix itself later[/QU
This always happens after a Windows Update but not a big deal.In fact if you send them to Comodo they start moving to trusted.

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
I dont have that problem, only one is having like 100 unregonized files after recent windows update, even the mainfiles are trusted . cba go throught them since nothing is getting blocked so it will fix itself later
I dont have that problem, only one is having like 100 unregonized files after recent windows update, even the mainfiles are trusted . cba go throught them since nothing is getting blocked so it will fix itself later
This always happens after every Windows Update but not a big deal.In fact if you send them to Comodo they start moving to trusted.

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Is there a way to select all the unknowns and make them all trusted in one click? (after checking the list, of course...)
Yes. Go in the list and at the top you have an option to select all.
An easier way to speed up the process is to do a scan which will detect them all at once so you can whitelist once and be done.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Ok for you lightest, for me in every use it was heavyfat, but otherwise for me the lightest Comodo products, is comodo cloud antivirus, but it does not protect so well.
CIS is not light but CF with cruelsister's config is light
when using any AV, you should wait at least 3-7 days for them to settle down, then we can judge their lightness/heaviness but with proper settings

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
when using any AV, you should wait at least 3-7 days for them to settle down, then we can judge their lightness/heaviness but with proper settings

some of this days I'll deal with the cruelsister configuration with a lot of faith
, because otherwise if it does not work, then you wiill be a fanboy into defense detected. :love::love::love:
I have not tried anything lighter firewall than, agnitus, fortknox and binisoft at firewall resolution.
My favorite antivirus is eset for its lightness. nobody wins, and eset smart security as suite.

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
I don't use CS settings and CIS is extremely light on my system.Maybe it's my impression because my previous suite was BitDefender IS? I don't know :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
but guys remember today the memory/cpu usage not matter that much like old times ( xp and start of win 7 ) now the pc´s are powerfull and for real u dont feel impact on " heavy av/fw " . So.. CIS still better than CF + win def maybe?¿

Reactions: Weebarra and Nestor

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
some of this days I'll deal with the cruelsister configuration with a lot of faith
, because otherwise if it does not work, then you wiill be a fanboy into defense detected. :love::love::love:
I have not tried anything lighter firewall than, agnitus, fortknox and binisoft at firewall resolution.
My favorite antivirus is eset for its lightness. nobody wins, and eset smart security as suite.
well, having so called gaming pc, any antivirus software i install there isnt big difference. They wont slow down pc to the death and you can custom/tweak most of them for personal use

For me/ my setup comodo been 'lightest' followed by avast > kaspersky. Sophos home free ate like constant 200mb memory when i used it for like 2 days. As mentioned in posts before im willing to try sophos for week atleast to see is it true that it would settle down

Default deny, going voodooshield, windows tweaks or firewall only would always be lightest anyways, but being newbie like me im using antivirus incase, and cis have built in one so why not, atleast its more light than WD

Are you using windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.