What Android apps can you not live without?

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Can't exactly name one app. But I would say the Android OS itself. I mean, I use some modded apps, which is only possible on Android. So I won't be comfortable with iOS. One simple example would be YouTube Vanced/ReVanced, even though I rarely watch YouTube on Android.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
Can't exactly name one app. But I would say the Android OS itself. I mean, I use some modded apps, which is only possible on Android. So I won't be comfortable with iOS. One simple example would be YouTube Vanced/ReVanced, even though I rarely watch YouTube on Android.
I switched to LibreTube for that, myself. Felt much smoother and fluid than Re-/Vanced, especially for basic viewing with no account.

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
not that i cant live without them, but their policy on privacy and no internet access etc made me replace a lot of apps, best of all FOSS
dialer/sms/calendar/contacts/file manager/calculator/launcher (i personally sync to own private hosted nextcloud) check out davX on fdroid if you need that

Nextcloud & also andOTP gets a big shout

F

ForgottenSeer 95367

Anything Android (except for Enterprise Chromebooks with SRP on them) is poison to me. Android is a bad deal.

Reactions: maximus

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Audials (radio, the most important)
Brave (youtube's background player)
Feedly (news from chosen sources)
MS launcher (nicely sorted icons)
Whicons (nice and clean icons)

Reactions: maximus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.