Battle What Antivirus/Security you are running on Win 10 32/64 Bits?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am still with Windows Defender & Firewall.
Waiting for Comodo Internet Security for Win 10 to be released.

Avast - Dont like ads/popups.
Avira - Not good GUI plus no proactive.
AVG - Dont like the number of processes.
Panda Cloud - Not good GUI plus I find the protection decent but not good, etc...
Bitdefender Free - If new version comes up & I like it then will decide.
360 TSE - FPs prone plus some reasons dont like to use it.
Dont want to use the 1 year promo AV lic I have (I have decided not to waste time installing/uninstalling AVs. So I am going to decide on one & keep it until it gives me any probs).
Only free ones I am going to use.

Win 10 64 Bits

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
I'm still setting my windows up, used my all data on my account given by ISP in downloading windows twice :p
Eset Smart Security (AntiVirus+Firewall,v8.0.319.0) & Windows SmartScreen, will soon share my latest configuration once it's up :)

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Back to Windows Defender because everything else seems to be slowing down the system.

Was previously using Avast Pro, it just makes the computer sluggish right now.

Might actually use ESET as it seems to be the only one that doesn't slow down the computer.
I recommend Eset and Comodo Internet Security Free

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I recommend Eset and Comodo Internet Security Free
Note : These are my personal opinions, you don't have to agree with me. If you're a Comodo user, please continue to use it if you wish to do so.

Comodo is a product that is highly overrated, I have absolutely no idea why people praise them so much. Perhaps they can go back to bragging about how they're fixing 300+ bugs every release.

If they actually managed to legitimately fix that many bugs, it would clearly indicate that their program is unreliable.

Last edited:

Sloth

Level 5
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
ESET Smart Security 9 Beta and it works flawless. The best thing is that it shows that license is valid till 30 Nov 2015. :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
ESET Smart Security 8 on multiple Win 10 installations.Seems to work the best for me right now.Emsisoft Internet Security crashed so until they fix this I will stick with ESS.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Kaspersky 2016 is fine, it will work, but under the hood the actual components will not protect you on 64bit OS as the tech guy said, it's a 50% chance either way. But when you are told not to do online banking, do not download new software and stick to websites you know are malware free, your confidence in a product diminishes in seconds. Personally for an AV company like Kaspersky, who could work with Microsoft, as other's have, with the additional aspect of certification by AV Comparatives, is very poor? What about those who do not read the huge manual, the novice user, who does online banking, clicks the wrong email, they would not be protected against crypto ransomware.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Once I upgrade, I will use Windows Defender. I may decide to use Sandboxie when it's compatible and stable.

Web Malware and Download Protection will be provided by Google Chrome's SafeBrowsing. As I don't download or visit malicious websites, and do take necessary precautions against possible PUP/Adware.

Windows 10 will be kept up-to-date with any security updates.
All other software will be updated, unless low-risk and delay/skip updates (ie. CCleaner).

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Interesting. That explains the slight increase on RAM usage (couldn't really tell as I run 2x EVE clients)

Edit: Don't know whats worse. a memory leak when running WSA or the problems reported in both AVG and AVAST forums (skipping AVIRA completly due to spam posts there).

More reasons to stick WIndows Defender.

Last edited:
I

illumination

Thread author

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.