Advice Request What are the best router settings for minimal latency / ping?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

byronbytes

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 30, 2022
I recently have been looking for the best router settings so I no longer have to suffer with lag spikes, etc. I am using a spectrum router so some settings might be different. If you have any good settings, please let me know.

One setting that I know which improves performance is the channel bandwidth. On your router, there is a setting called channel bandwidth, and it might be set to something like 20/40/80 for 5GHZ networks. If possible, change it to 80 ONLY. This will improve your download / upload speed by at least 200-300mbps (With my tests). On 2.5GHZ the maximum might be set to 40, so just change it to that.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.