Advice Request What are the differences between McAfee Total Protection and McAfee LiveSafe ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

McAfee LiveSafe no longer offers cloud storage. The only difference is that LiveSafe offers unlimited devices in most regions, but that varies. Total Protection is not unlimited usually.

Everything else is the same.

If you enrol to auto-renewal, you’ll get free VPN for 5 devices. You can do it with a spare card that they won’t be able to auto-charge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I believe it is only available in Total according to this:

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
the comparison is either done by idiots or is directed to idiots...sorry....free avg compared to total ...what is the point?

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
For me LiveSafe is cheaper. You can get it for unlimited devices for $13 and sometimes for $19.99. Total Protection on the other hand is much more expensive, so personally I would go for the LiveSafe version. I would also enable auto-renewal to make use of their VPN offer, but make sure to keep an eye to avoid being charged when your subscription ends.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016

For me LiveSafe is cheaper. You can get it for unlimited devices for $13 and sometimes for $19.99. Total Protection on the other hand is much more expensive, so personally I would go for the LiveSafe version. I would also enable auto-renewal to make use of their VPN offer, but make sure to keep an eye to avoid being charged when your subscription ends.

You are right @Venustus
VPN is only available in Total.
Capture.PNG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.