SpiderWeb

Level 3
Hmmm, I may be nitpicky, but I don't think that "signs of life" mean actual life forms on Venus, just some evidence that something used to live there. Idk though I'm no scientist, have to wait for some official announcement
More than fair. I agree with you. Well this was from yesterday when the announcement was just rumors. I still think that there might be a slight chance we will find microbes within our solar system that either evolved separately or that somehow found their way off this planet.

upnorth

Verified
Staff member
Malware Hunter

SpiderWeb

Level 3

Their first conclusion is that the cylinder packed with servers had a lower failure rate than a conventional data centre.
When the container was hauled off the seabed around half a mile offshore after being placed there in May 2018, just eight out of the 855 servers on board had failed.

He believes organisations facing a natural disaster or a terrorist attack might find it attractive: "You could effectively move something to a more secure location without having all the huge infrastructure costs of constructing a building. It's flexible and cost effective."

Really makes you wonder how many underwater data centers nation states are hiding.

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 26
Verified

SpiderWeb

Level 3
A story:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tutanota/comments/isinqh/_/g58a14l
I think they had a breakthrough with quantum resistant email encryption and some nation state doesn't like this at all.