What are you Browsing Now?

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
There should be nothing stopping Toyota or VW from doing the same much earlier than 2025, considering their immense financial resources and vast talent pools. But technological hurdles are not the reason for the delay, according to the Japanese engineer who said "we cannot do it." The real reason for holding off? Automakers worry that computers like Tesla's will render obsolete the parts supply chains they have cultivated over decades

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018

I think Toyota and VW can be described as large trucks, and Stella can be described as small racing carts. Trucks are at risk of losing balance due to sudden turns.
In the past, Apple has been able to truncate the traditional os and adopt the open-step. Microsoft is still being dragged by the gravity of DOS compatibility.
I think this is the same reason.:geek:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
"...there was no smoke. Just big, red orange flames.”

My first Tesla Battery Fire

From comments:

"10:35 -"I've practised" -"how?" -"just burying...corpses...ocasionally...off the unhappy customers" ha ha ha"
"May I suggest that the next car you build using Tesla batteries you equip the car with a ejection system that will toss the battery pack clear of the vehicle! Even Star Fleet know you may have to eject the "warp core" every once in awhile! LOL"
"Damn thanks for uploading this because I’m going to kelp my electric motorcycle outside now!! "

Hyundai Kona EV exploded in a garage, blowing the door off

"The Kona EV reportedly exploded – blowing the garage door off in the process.

Firefighters were on the scene quickly and controlled the fire. No one was injured."

Electric Car Accident Battery Explosion and Fire Lawsuit
Electric car batteries have been linked to explosions that are not only difficult to extinguish, but have led to death in the event of an accident.
Electric Car Battery Explosions and Fires
This article serves to update readers with recent deaths tied to electric vehicles due to battery explosion and door handle failure, primarily Tesla. Lithium ion batteries...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
Plastic batteries that won't catch fire set for mass production
-on asia.nikkei.com: Plastic batteries that won't catch fire set for mass production

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Boeing discovers debris in fuel tanks of undelivered MAX jets
Boeing (NYSE:BA) says it found debris in the fuel tanks of an undisclosed number of 737 MAX jets parked at facilities in Washington state and Texas, where planes have been stored while awaiting approval from regulators to restart flying.

In industrial terms, debris would refer to rags, tools, metal shavings and other materials left behind by workers during the production process, which has been a quality control problem for various Boeing aircraft, such as its KC-46 tankers.

The company says the debris was discovered during "routine" inspections, but does not describe how many planes were affected...

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Nurses in Wuhan cut hair to fight against coronavirus outbreak

"I Am So Angry My Mind's Gone Blank": China Outrage Explodes...
...a video depicting nurses in Gansu Province having their hair shaved off...
In the video report, which was posted by the newspaper "Gansu Daily" - a state-run paper in Gansu to better accommodate the full-body medical gear that they will be wearing in Hubei, where they were being sent by the government.
Many more videos of nurses cutting their hair can be found on YouTube. ...

According to Quartz, the video generated comments like these, translated from Weibo (like China's Twitter) by Quartz:

"In the video, the people who shaved the women’s heads grabbed their ponytails roughly and just started shaving their hair using electronic clippers. Are you treating them as humans or some animals waiting to be shaved? I am so angry that my mind’s gone blank," said a user (link in Chinese) on Weibo yesterday (Feb. 17), when the video started trending on the network.
"If you didn’t tell me they were medical workers, I would have thought they were some evil criminals who were going through this serious humiliation...Even their tears are used by the authorities to try to touch the audience, making them the illustration of the spirit of collectivism," wrote Chen Mashu, an author for "Epoch Story," an account on messaging app WeChat that publishes analyses and first-person accounts of social affairs.

China appears to be running into one of the unavoidable conflicts that arises from an authoritarian system out of step with a liberal world: In the digital age, you can't possibly keep out all of the information from outside (unless you're North Korea, and even they can't hide all of it).

What's worse is this latest incident appears to be a propaganda stunt gone awry...

...in China, the people have a better idea of how Beijing's actions to combat the virus have been perceived, and - what's worse - that there are others across China who feel the same way about the government censorship. That is, that it contributed to the government's hesitation to publicly address the outbreak.

As one professor says, China has "entered a different time."

"China has entered a different time,” said Gu Su, a professor of philosophy and law at Nanjing University. "Covering positive stories while withholding the cruel facts won’t work as people can still access information from elsewhere. The propaganda department needs to reflect upon its approach."

During the outpouring of rage and grief that followed the death of Dr. Li Wenliang...

...Still, optimistic tales of triumph over the outbreak contrast with the lived experience of roughly half the country. Some 760 million citizens are facing some form of quarantine.

Doctors in Wuhan have repeatedly warned about the atrocious working conditions, as many continue to work despite having contracted the virus. Wuhan has more than 1,1000 medical staff, more than half of the infected hospital workers annually.

Beijing has also staged press events with recovered patients and others to tell foreign journalists about how the virus actually "wasn't that scary" and that they received the best care available (which, of course, isn't saying much).

"The disease is not that scary," said one patient in Beijing who gave her surname as Li. "If you are infected, you must believe in the country, the hospital, the doctor. They will definitely cure you."

The idea is to keep readers from thinking about broader issues.

"By allowing some criticism and focusing on human stories, they are keeping people from discussing more systemic issues," Tsang said. "Given the scale of the challenge, public sentiment could be much, much worse."

According to Bloomberg, these staged events are meant to prevent journalists from asking questions like 'why are your new hospitals in Wuhan not yet fully operational?' and 'so when are these lockdowns going to end, anyway?' and 'what about all these supply shortages?'
The video of the nurses is hardly the only breakout social media phenomenon to spark outrage on the mainland since the outbreak began. And we suspect there will be more.

MORE here on zerohedge.com: "I Am So Angry My Mind's Gone Blank": China Outrage Explodes After Beijing Propaganda Backfires

-------------------------------------------------------

Desperation and Fear: Panic leads to face masks theft and endless lines across Asia

Mask shortages threaten US hospitals after warnings ignored
Coronavirus outbreak exposes overreliance on China supplies

Coronavirus latest: on asia.nikkei.com: Coronavirus

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Economically, physically, emotionally times millions. The worldwide fallout from this virus is in some fundamental ways exponentially worse than the effects of the illness it causes. The fact that a few ribbons of DNA are responsible for the massive, monstrous ripple effects worldwide is beyond insane.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
As I posted earlier, the most horrible thing about coronaviruses is that they still don't have a clear picture. The situation report has led to speculation, and the media is talking about the anxiety in a fancy way.
Japan is the second most infected country after China. As far as Japanese speculative comments can increase someone's anxiety, I am not very motivated to talk about the coronavirus.
It's like telling a horror story in the ears of someone wandering in the fog.

TRS-80

Level 1
Aug 16, 2019
Boeing discovers debris in fuel tanks of undelivered MAX jets

Completely unacceptable. More so when the potential number of 'victims' is as mind blowingly huge as it would seem.

Time to start the ass kicking machine?

😢

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Claim: I am a senior Chinese military intelligence officer and I know the truth about the coronavirus outbreak
"Once we realized that the Agent had escaped and would start to spread, we swiftly put all of Wuhan into lockdown"
By Lexi Morgan - February 17, 2020

https://flic.kr/p/ehUywc
Times Asi/Flickr
(INTELLIHUB)
— Let me preface this post by saying that there is absolutely no way to vet the following information which is why I posted it in the “Analysis” category on this website. However, I am posting it in an attempt to flush out what is really going on with the whole COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak and maybe gain some answers along the way.
I encourage everyone to comment below this post in the comment section and share this far and wide on social media. Knowledge is power.
Take it for what it’s worth. The following was posted last Tuesday, February 11 on Reddit by user Wuhanvirusthrowaway:
I am a Chinese citizen in Wuhan who occupies — or perhaps occupied — a high-ranking position in military intelligence. I am also a member of the Chinese Communist Party. As a senior official near the top of the Party, I have access to a great deal of classified information and I have been involved in many top secret government projects. I have a doctorate from a leading university in a western country, which is why I am able to write my account in English.
I have information that I believe could lead to the overthrow of my government. It is also relevant to billions of people outside of China, all of whom are now in existential peril.
It will not surprise you to hear that if my identity were to be revealed, my life would be in grave danger, as would those of my wife and son. I ask you to respect the fact that I have stripped out of this account all facts that would make it easy to identify me....
MORE: on intellihub.com: Claim: I am a senior Chinese military intelligence officer and I know the truth about the coronavirus outbreak

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

曾錚 Jennifer Zeng
@jenniferatntd

40 such mobile “ #Trash & Animal carcass” cinerators sent to #Wuhan, each has a capacity to process 5 tons of “trash and animal carcasses “ daily. What is really got burned and how many?

Troy
@Troy40274135
·
Feb 18
There virus is 3 microns in size, it can ride in the sweet but pungent smell of death. It goes right through the n95 mask which only filters down to 11 microns. It makes sense to burn the dead quickly. What doesn't add up is 40 units+ 49 crematoriums not keeping up with demand.

Then you're seeing this right:

"There virus is 3 microns in size, it can ride in the sweet but pungent smell of death. It goes right through the n95 mask which only filters down to 11 microns."

Last edited:

RKRN3

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 6, 2019
Claim: I am a senior Chinese military intelligence officer and I know the truth about the coronavirus outbreak
"Once we realized that the Agent had escaped and would start to spread, we swiftly put all of Wuhan into lockdown"
By Lexi Morgan - February 17, 2020

https://flic.kr/p/ehUywc
Times Asi/Flickr
(INTELLIHUB)

MORE: on intellihub.com: Claim: I am a senior Chinese military intelligence officer and I know the truth about the coronavirus outbreak
Since it's posted in NoSleep, I can't believe it 100%. Like he gave away too many secrets there that'd help in tracking him.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Red Nation Rising
@RedNationRising

Many leading Chinese scientists are starting to speak out and say COVID-19 (coronavirus) originated at a government bioweapons research facility in Wuhan I expect the media will apologize to @SenTomCotton
any minute now

Here:

...here too:
Research suggests the coronavirus outbreak originated in a secret Chinese government laboratory
- on thebl.com: Research suggests the coronavirus outbreak originated in a secret Chinese government laboratory

Last edited:
Reactions: TRS-80 and Cortex

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.