What are your thoughts on an all Sophos configuration?

LukeLovesSecurity

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
What would you think of a configuration consisting of Sophos Home, Hitmanpro Alert, Hitmanpro, and Windows Defender.

Surley, I wouldn't be using their firewall as it is a peice of hardware, and is mainly for enterprise use. So in this case we would use Windows Firewall.

But what if I used Sophos Home for real-time malware and website protection, HMPA for 0-day protection, and HMP as a second opinion/on-demand scanner? Would this be a solid config?

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
That's overkilling your poor system, he did nothing to you!

Option 1. Stay with Windows Defender and HitmanPro.Alert. Install WFC to configure your Windows Firewall for extra security and you should be set.
Option 2. Install Sophos Home and HitmanPro.Alert. Install WFC to configure your Windows Firewall for extra security and you should be set.
Option 3. Install Sophos Home along with VoodooShield and use Windows Firewall.

Try to get the maximum level of security with the less ammount of software. You should know more software does not qeual more security.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Sophos is a pain in the neck to uninstall,very little help with there support,If your not a new security every few months kind of person,with HitmanproAlert ,its good security

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
All Sophos config?
I would not put all my eggs in one basket.
@RoboMan's option 1 sounds good, combine it with VoodooShield and you can't be beat.

Reactions: RoboMan

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.