Advice Request What Audio/Video Converter Do You Use(if any)?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I use online converters for audio and video (both) so I don't need to install bulky third party software, the features of which largely go unused anyway (like Audacity for example). Generally, it's been safe, quick, easy and generated exactly what I wanted.

YTMP3--Youtube video to mp3 converter
FreeConvert.com--mp3 to WAV converter
aconvert.com--audio cuts and trims

And others. Always I run the URLs and resultant downloards by Jotti and VirusTotal.

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I used to use Format Factory when mobile devices weren't able to play all the video & audio files when transferred from computer. But nowadays audio-video converters are obsolete for me. I don't use one.

Same here. Sometimes if i get an urgent need to have a specific format, I do use FFmpeg as it is the only truly free converter (without any risks) i know.

NOTE: I do use Audacity quite often to edit audio files.

Reactions: Venustus

FireHammer

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
I used to use Format Factory when mobile devices weren't able to play all the video & audio files when transferred from computer. But nowadays audio-video converters are obsolete for me. I don't use one.

Same here. Sometimes if i get an urgent need to have a specific format, I do use FFmpeg as it is the only truly free converter (without any risks) i know.

NOTE: I do use Audacity quite often to edit audio files.
Same here with Audacity, I mean. (y)

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
I am a long time user of dBpoweramp Reference and Poikosoft EZ CD Audio Converter (lifetime license). Both are very good quality applications. I believe the authors really deserve my $ to keep them going and releasing new versions. That said, dBpoweramp is the one used most frequently.

Audio editors - Adobe Audition via an Adobe Creative Cloud subcription & an old version of Magix Soundforge. Audacity is installed but very rarely used. :) I am not into videos therefore no video converters in use yet.

Reactions: Venustus

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
MiniTool video converter is aiming to provides users with the most direct solution to convert audio and video files to various formats, and download videos, audio tracks, playlists, as well as subtitles.
Most importantly: it’s completely free
I have just learned that you were the developer of Minitool.😲
I should have realized this earlier, but I was using moviemaker and was having a hard time entering Japanese subtitles. The latest version seems to be able to input Japanese without problems.
Thank you very much for providing such a wonderful software.:)(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.