Advice Request What Audio/Video Software Do You Use?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
is Kodi easy to use i read about it. it seems good opensource project.

i was using KMplayer in the past when it was good software.
it became bundled with a lot of Adware last time i used so i stopped using it .
KMPlayer was one of the players I downloaded to trial yesterday. During the installation process there was no option given to make it the default player, or prevent it from deciding it was the new default player. Yet I found that it had become the default player for certain file types - .WAV, .mp3. Previously VLC had been my chosen default player for these file types. I'll play around with KMPlayer a bit more but I really don't like arrogant software, I'll decide what is the default software, thank you very much! 👹

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
KMPlayer was one of the players I downloaded to trial yesterday. During the installation process there was no option given to make it the default player, or prevent it from deciding it was the new default player. Yet I found that it had become the default player for certain file types - .WAV, .mp3. Previously VLC had been my chosen default player for these file types. I'll play around with KMPlayer a bit more but I really don't like arrogant software, I'll decide what is the default software, thank you very much! 👹
Take care if any other adware is installed during installation process
Also it has alot of add when playing it appear as videos from YouTube

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
After I got my Kef speakers, I could suddenly hear the difference on Spotify and Tidal, so I have stopped using Spotify premium, and only use Tidal hi-fi now. If I wanna hear loud music in the evening, I use my Audeze headphones.
To videos VLC. :)

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Pot Player x64, because it can play 5.1 audio on 2.0 and it can be heard, most other players can handle only 2.0, in VLC it can be switched, but it is not by default. Also it has virtually everything preset, except hardware acceleration, but clicking a button will do, unlike in MPC-HC (well hidden)
How to enable hardware acceleration in MPC-HC? I use K-Lite version of MPC-HC. Not sure if its already enabled on my end or not.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
For video SM Player - Audio I use SONOS in here 2 x SONOS 1's using phone/Windows which plays Spotify or FLAC from HD in this PC & also streamed into lounge via SONOS Amp - Images, Image Glass for viewing

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I switched from SMPlayer (still have it on some systems, just like Clementine), to MPC-BE for videos. Not much difference between SMPlayer and MPC-BE but some footprint gain etc
Audio mainly remains the same: MusicBee and Spotify mainly, Winamp for nostalgia, Clementine on some systems because it is a good piece of software (specially on Linux)

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
for those using Tidal, how do you compare the library in Tidal vs the Library in Spotify?

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.