Advice Request What Audio/Video Software Do You Use?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
How to enable hardware acceleration in MPC-HC? I use K-Lite version of MPC-HC. Not sure if its already enabled on my end or not.
It seems, that K-Lite has fixed this "issue". It is enabled by default.

Attachments

• capture_09092020_204049.jpg
    capture_09092020_204049.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 515

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It is also an advantage of mpc-be(hc) that 60 frames can be reproduced artificially when using a Radion graphics card. However, my impression is that the effect is difficult to understand depending on the source. It seems that it is easy to realize with vivid colors such as animation.

Winamp. I used it since I was 4 years old so why change?
You don't have to throw away your favorite software. Increase the items you have. It sounds useless, but you may come across good software.:D

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Hello,
For basic music listening, i'm using Resonic Player and for videos MPC-BE x64(madVR). I do have also VLC installed for "backup" purposes.
If i go to "retro-mode" i have XMPlay, Jam Player and Foobar2000 with various plugins installed. So i can listen "chiptunes" made with old computers (atari, amiga, c64 etc).

I'm using Creative BlasterX Katana soundbar.

Kind regards,
-sepik

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
for those using Tidal, how do you compare the library in Tidal vs the Library in Spotify?
Before I started using Tidal hi-fi, I was a little afraid there was too much rap and hip hop. But when I started using it, I found out they had a lot more than I thought. Right back from the 70s and up to this day. I'm not using the video function so much, but there are lot's of videos in great quality too. They have also a lot good live recordings Spotify didn't have.
But I think if you have some some good equipment, DAC, and especially loudspeakers, Tidal hi-fi have much better dynamics and room feeling. Before I got the loudspeakers I have now, I couldn't really hear the big difference on Spotify premium and Tidal hi-fi, but when I got them I could really hear it.🥳

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Before I started using Tidal hi-fi, I was a little afraid there was too much rap and hip hop. But when I started using it, I found out they had a lot more than I thought. Right back from the 70s and up to this day. I'm not using the video function so much, but there are lot's of videos in great quality too. They have also a lot good live recordings Spotify didn't have.
But I think if you have some some good equipment, DAC, and especially loudspeakers, Tidal hi-fi have much better dynamics and room feeling. Before I got the loudspeakers I have now, I couldn't really hear the big difference on Spotify premium and Tidal hi-fi, but when I got them I could really hear it.🥳
Thanks
I do not justify paying that much for high quality streaming.
My Spotify is family pack so essentially costs me less than 5GBP a month.
Sadly Tidal does not have a free option so I wont be trying it.

The only thing I cannot find in Spotify are some exclusive sets by known djs that are available in Youtube and for that I have it loaded manually in spotify since I downloaded from Youtube. Tidal also does not allow local files play from what I read.
Thanks for the feedback.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
The ones that come with your display and the cheap speakers can hurt your player's reputation.
Speaker selection is more important than player functionality as it directly affects the human senses.:)(y)

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
The ones that come with your display and the cheap speakers can hurt your player's reputation.
Speaker selection is more important than player functionality as it directly affects the human senses.:)(y)

Definitely. As I see it, the loudspeakers are the most important part in a music set up. Today amplifiers, DACs, CD players etc, have a certain standard if you dont buy the cheapest garbage. :)

Reactions: show-Zi and Cortex

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Loudspeaker placement, especially ported ones, they need to be distanced from walls and corners as far as possible to prevent boom - Also decent speakers should be on solid decent solid stands not but on a bookshelf despite the name for small ones.

Reactions: show-Zi and Nevi

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Loudspeaker placement, especially ported ones, they need to be distanced from walls and corners as far as possible to prevent boom - Also decent speakers should be on solid decent solid stands not but on a bookshelf despite the name for small ones.
Yes absolutely. The bass get too boomy if they are to close to the wall or worse a corner. It pays to use a little time to get them the right place. I use a subwoofer, so my speakers have a cut off on 100 hz. That help a little also.(y)

Reactions: show-Zi and Cortex

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Yes it's sad that people buy even very expensive & sometimes large (huge) loudspeakers & stuff them in a corner sounding horrific or wobbling around on carpet or ported speakers pushed up against a wall, these people should be barred from having decent kit.

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
I have Logitech Speaker for my PC: 2 satellites & a subwoofer that produces 200 Watt, it is far from expensive, 3000 DKR, but I think it sounds good, I can hear the difference between an MP3 320 kbps & a FLAC on 1000 kbps, so they can not be that bad, I forgot to mention they are THX certified.

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
Music - Foobar via WASAPI plugin, Winamp via WASAPI. I have been using Winamp since 1998 and just can't give up on it.
Others - JRiver, Mediamonkey, PotPlayer and Musicbee for jukebox functions and videos
Music subscriptions - Spotify, Google/YT Music, Qobuz and Tidal, the last two for hi-fi lossless streaming.

Last edited:

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Music - Foobar via WASAPI plugin, Winamp via WASAPI. I have been using Winamp since 1998 and just can't give up on it.
Others - JRiver, Mediamonkey, PotPlayer and Musicbee for jukebox functions and videos
Music subscriptions - Spotify, Google/YT Music, Qobuz and Tidal, the last two for hi-fi lossless streaming.
Yes, Finally a person who has as much software as my self.

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
For Video: VLC
For Audio: AIMP4, Audirvana, Roon, Strawberry, Musicbee, Winamp, Wacup.Mediamonkey 5, & Itunes.
For Streaming: Deezer HIFi+Tidal HiFi & Apple Music.

• +Reputation
Reactions: Nevi and R2D2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.