King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Just in case I wanted to add a main AV to run with Webroot, what should it be? And why? EAV? EIS? avast!? CAV?

Thanks a bunch guys! Ya'll are awesome!

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Hey guys, I wanna add NVT ERP 1.3 free edition. Is it still effective as the newest NVT ERP?
If u gonna use EIS then u don't need webroot coz Emsisoft BB can do well then rest . If u want to use Webroot then i would suggest u to use it with a AV whose detection rate is higher with less false positive coz webroot is good at prevention but not good a detection. U can use webroot with qihoo, Avira ,Avast like freeware security suits since u already gonna use a paidware product.

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
I'm with Koroke San, I think NVT ERP isn't necessary, well actually overkill isn't necessary for me, just stick with your current security config, light and secure :)
However if you still feel paranoid, OA free or any HIPS firewall does a better job with it, but I'm not HIPS user, I think that might be sound overkill :)

Just in case I wanted to add a main AV to run with Webroot, what should it be? And why? EAV? EIS? avast!? CAV?

Any AV that provide good detection rate is good to team mate with WSA, just pick whatever you like that you feel confident, compatible with your OS and light on your system, well..that's my opinion of course :)

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
@Koroke San I ran it with avast! but no luck, it caused browsing lag. They seem to hate each other so much. lol
I see you're using k9 web protection, how good is it?

Reactions: Logethica

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
@Koroke San I ran it with avast! but no luck, it caused browsing lag. They seem to hate each other so much. lol
I see you're using k9 web protection, how good is it?
Try it with Avira or Qihoo & exclude each other. And k9 doing well, u need to tweak it's settings but it may gives false positive too. In tweak settings K9 successfully blocked almost every malicious links & without tweak it blocked less links.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
@Rahadian Putra OA free? Nah, I'll stick with Windows Firewall. :) Thanks man!

@Koroke San I've heard that Avira is light, also Qihoo, but they're saying that Qihoo is not trustworthy. I might try Avira. Thanks man!
Yes it's safe to use. Qihoo rival used a fake propaganda against Qihoo so users avoid their product. There is not any source which gives prove 100% that Qihoo steals user information like Chinese Netquin Mobile AV did. It's an old news. http://malwaretips.com/threads/is-qihoo-safe-to-use.23165/

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Reactions: Logethica

Blimplit

May 13, 2014
Using to AV is like wearing two condoms, it's not fun. AV frequently make changes to your system so they often detect each other as threats, so 1 is good, 2 is bad. If your looking for an added layer of protection consider using malwarebytes and Hitman Pro http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro/ Hitman Pro is combined with both Bitdefender and kaspersky scanner's, Bitdefender and kaspersky topped all other AV suites in detection rates for 2014 and more importantly the two have been consistent year after year. The only down side to Hitman pro is after the 30 day trial it only detects and dose not allow you to remove the threats detected, but it dose display the location of the threat which you could manually delete your self.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Using to AV is like wearing two condoms, it's not fun. AV frequently make changes to your system so they often detect each other as threats, so 1 is good, 2 is bad. If your looking for an added layer of protection consider using malwarebytes and Hitman Pro http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro/ Hitman Pro is combined with both Bitdefender and kaspersky scanner's, Bitdefender and kaspersky topped all other AV suites in detection rates for 2014 and more importantly the two have been consistent year after year. The only down side to Hitman pro is after the 30 day trial it only detects and dose not allow you to remove the threats detected, but it dose display the location of the threat which you could manually delete your self.
U can use webroot alongside with other AV like Emsisoft. As long it's not interfere with other AV & light in system, then it's good. And who said kaspersky & bitdefender topped in AV test? Paid AV tests? lol

Blimplit

May 13, 2014
U can use webroot alongside with other AV like Emsisoft. As long it's not interfere with other AV & light in system, then it's good. And who said kaspersky & bitdefender topped in AV test? Paid AV tests? lol
I was referring to Hitman Pros detection capabilities when i mentioned the two. The free versions of the Bitdefender an kaspersky are are terrible. :)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I was referring to Hitman Pros detection capabilities when i mentioned the two. The free versions of the Bitdefender an kaspersky are are terrible. :)
I know that, as I was referring what u said that two AV can't use at same time plus u also stated that bitdefender & kaspersky topped all other AV suites in detection rates for 2014.Cheers brah ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.