What backup software are you guys using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ytbro00

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
Like the title suggests, what are you guys using and do you have any recommendations? I'd like to know if there's a software where I can just easily backup my whole system and if there's any trouble just reset to it and delete all the things prior to that backed up image.

I usually manually copy my files to my external drive manually and re-install whenever I want to clean up and it's quite a chore. :( So if you have any thought I gladly welcome them.

Cheers!:)

Reactions: goro

goro

Level 1
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
windows back up is fine. Use onedrive, google drive, mega to save your important file.
That's my opinion :p

Reactions: McLovin
D

Deleted member 178

for the moment Win8 backup , waiting AXTM v2 stable

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
EaseUs and Aomei Backupper are both free and work a treat.

Reactions: MalwareT

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I currently use the default Windows Backup for my system, as for my personal files/photos I use Dropbox!

W

wordsmith

i have 2 seagate barracudas for my precious pearls & i also have some files on dropbox :cool:

i never make back-up discs for nothing. if my windows goes irreparable i simply re-install windows :p

Thingol

Level 1
Verified
Aug 9, 2014
Terabyte Image for Windows and on-line back-up of data only to cloud storage.

Weekly back-up of OS to local partition and monthly out to external HD. Only keep a clean Windows install and 4 weekly, 1 monthly.

I also back-up data to an external device and keep it off site.

Cheers

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
ATI Home 2012 at the moment. Will be moving on to the 2014 version by year's end. Still am waiting for the Macrium Reflect Pro Giveaway here at MT :) Haven't seen a Macrium giveaway for a long time...the last I remember was in Facebook sponsored by Wondershare...

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hi,;)

Wondering if there is a stable version of AXTM v2 at this point in time?:confused:

Kind regards,:eek:

shemp

Level 1
Verified
Jul 19, 2014
I use Terabyte Image for Windows since 2009. My opinion is it's one of the best bargains you can buy, it's license is good for three home computers.:)
plus:
Every purchase of Image for Windows includes a copy of Image for DOS and Image for Linux. Image for DOS and Image for Linux support the same powerful drive image functionality without requiring a working Windows installation. It also includes a licensed copy of the TeraByte OS Deployment Tool Suite (TBOSDTS) Pro. TBOSDT Pro contains a set of powerful utilities that, among other things, will help you deploy Windows to completely different hardware.

Reactions: Moose

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
@shemp,
Could you tell the steps for using Terabtyes on different PC's. Or setting it up? And can you use with external drive?

Or could you make a tutorial?;)

shemp

Level 1
Verified
Jul 19, 2014
@shemp,
Could you tell the steps for using Terabtyes on different PC's. Or setting it up? And can you use with external drive?

Or could you make a tutorial?;)
Hi, I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.:) When you purchase IFW you receive one license key. Just run the installer on the other windows pcs and use the same license key. Image for Dos & Image for Linux you do get a different license key, but these programs you don't install.They run only from bootable media.
Yes, of course you can use an external drive. Hope that helps, if not please clarify.

Reactions: Moose

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
@shemp
Okay! I understand more clearly,now! I was not sure how the Terabyte Image work. Bootable media only, I guess!
I will try to find something on YouTube of how this exactly work. I guess my question would be, how do you create
a boot able media using there software. And will Terabyte Image copy a complete image of my PC's? And what is the average restore time on Windows 8 and/or 8.1?

Kind regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.