What backup software are you guys using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shemp

Level 1
Verified
Jul 19, 2014
@shemp
Okay! I understand more clearly,now! I was not sure how the Terabyte Image work. Bootable media only, I guess!
I will try to find something on YouTube of how this exactly work. I guess my question would be, how do you create
a boot able media using there software. And will Terabyte Image copy a complete image of my PC's? And what is the average restore time on Windows 8 and/or 8.1?

Kind regards,
Hi, Image for Windows does install to your pc.You do need the boot media though to restore an image.The program has its own makedisk utility for building the restore media.
I've only done one restore on my Win 8.1 and it took around 4 minutes.I'm sure your mileage can vary depending on processor,usb ports ect.
Hope that helps.

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
Easeustodo Backup

Have the paid version on all 4 computers but I must confess that I have never tried restore.

If the need presents itself I will try it, then we shall see.:)

Reactions: MalwareT

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Let us know when their is AX64 Time Machine Stable ( Waiting for v2 );)

Kind regards,

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Windows Backup [System Image | Monthly to an External HDD]

Started using this when I first installed Windows 8 back in 2013. Hasn't let me down since and creating/restoring an image is fast.

Thanks.

Reactions: Moose
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.