What did you do after finding Ccleaner v5.33 was malware bundled?

What did you do after finding Ccleaner v5.33 was malware bundled?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Over at Emsisoft, one of the members stated that even if you installed the 32-bit version of Ccleaner the malicious code wouldn't run if your OS was 64-bit.

If this is true then the number of infected users should be significantly lower than initially thought.

T

TrinitronMSDOS

I don't use CCleaner, but should i have been concerned i would have scanned the system with multiple antimalware (Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, Zemana, etc...) and make a clean install if something nasty was found.

Reactions: Weebarra

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I rolled back to a backup before i got the portable version and changed my most important passwords since i didnt't trust them that they told us the whole truth :D

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
i dont see foture on CCleaner since avast bought this software im not wonder why he are now bring infection to your pc now..

Reactions: frogboy

vemn

Level 6
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 11, 2017
Uninstalled v33, then installed v34.

btw, I'm on 64bit, so I wasn't too concerned. Also ran some scans to make sure. No Malware found.:)
same!

But there's some confusing blogs around stating different versions having this behavior. zzz
So uninstall permanently for now..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.