Advice Request What do you think of WinUtilities Pro?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hello guys!

Have you ever used WinUtilities Pro? What do you think of it? I have been using Kerish Doctor, but my license ran out today. I do not want to renew as I did not use it as much.

Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I remember seeing it years ago, never tried it by myself tho. But it looks pretty outdated as Tairiku said above. If you look for similar software I can strongly recommend Kerish Doctor 2021. I just added it to my setup and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Edit: Oh, just saw u have it too :LOL:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
It's the same as with "Tuning" tools which display +300% performance at every run.
Tuning is the right word, just like with Windows Defender, it works great by default, but when you tune it up, it gets a little better.
When I read about some problems people have, I am thinking: If you would have optimized, it could not have even occurred. 🙃
Solutions by MS are: disable services, settings, clean cookies, caches, etc. All of this is done by optimization software by default.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I have a Kerish Doctor license that will end in March and I won't renew it. In the nearly four years I've had it I have, at best, used the cleaning function a few times. Some of the optimizations offered have drawbacks that are not immediately obvious. The fixing function never actually fixed anything, I ended up looking for a solution on the net and a fixed manually.

Last edited:

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Also have a Kerish Doctor licence but won't renew it. My main cleaner has been Privacy Eraser (don't use the registry part) for the last 3 years combined with Windows Disk Cleaner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Yeah, while some of the claims from some of these utility vendors are definitely scammy, they can useful as they bring together various system tools under one button, as it were.

Does anyone really need their registry cleaned or their drivers updated ? Maybe on an old system where the drivers are missing but mostly not ?

I only use them once in a blue moon, on demand when I find my system getting slow and bunged with crap.

A while ago Kerish Doctor withdrew my product key as apparently it was found on a "public domain" whatever that means ?? I can only put this down to me repeatedly installing and uninstalling it on various systems which KD assumed was suspicious behavior ?

As for WinUtilities Pro I think I tried it once but can`t remember anything outstanding, compelling me to keep it.

Regards Eck:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.