What Happened to Viruscope

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Melih put amazing stuff on the Comodo forum about Viruscope, how it would become an amazing behavior blocker, yet still we are told not to use it???

Is Melih and Comodo all talk?

yes it is :D i was a supporter until v6 then fanboyism took over Comodo

the list is long:

- Comodo Time machine (abandonned)
- DACS , the "uber-wanna-be-awesome-cloud-multi-engine-that-will-own-all-malwares" (Abandonned)
- Comodo AV on Linux (no more updates)

etc...etc...etc...

viruscope wanna be a mix of Emsisoft BB with Webroot Rollback feature...seriously?

i forgot to say , at each release they fixed exactly 300 bugs !!! wow awesome !!!

/sarcasm

buhahahaha :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 178

not saying some features in CIS are broken, fixed, rebroken like the file submission, i don't even mention the whistelisting/blacklisting procedure that took ages .

lack of skills or they just don't care?

D

Deleted member 178

Are you sure it's 300 bugs, I thought it was 1000 :p if Comodo has 300 bugs, well the software must be terrible

300 bugs fixed at each new versions :D

PLJIbO8.gif

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
not saying some features in CIS are broken, fixed, rebroken like the file submission, i don't even mention the whistelisting/blacklisting procedure that took ages .

lack of skills or they just don't care?
I second that, 100 %.

Valkyrie...where is the valkyrie ? the little girl that Melih was talking about back in the days ? :D

Ah...Fanny was talking about "Comodo Cloud Antivirus" in...2011 but nothing.

Last but not least, what a quality support ! http://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/is-that-a-support-feedback-t105229.0.html

.... :p

D

Deleted member 178

Comodo , yes ,comodo , that is a reptile , right? ... i will start name it Dinosaur instead , powerful at its time , but now going to extinction...

:D

(i wonder sometimes how my mind can create such awesome replies :p )

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I second that, 100 %.

Valkyrie...where is the valkyrie ? the little girl that Melih was talking about back in the days ? :D

Ah...Fanny was talking about "Comodo Cloud Antivirus" in...2011 but nothing.

Last but not least, what a quality support ! http://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/is-that-a-support-feedback-t105229.0.html

.... :p
Does Melih even visit the forums anymore?
He had a lot of good ideas but none of them ever came to life, more of a dreamer then a doer.
He reminds me of a false prophet leading people to their doom.

The development of Comodo products has been slacking off for years, he should have just worked on CIS because the rest of the products just got abandoned anyways.

Enjoy!! :D

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
I was a staunch supporter also.
Their Firewall component is still very good i believe, but the overall suite never really moved on IMHO.
Does Egemen still work there ?
Also the unexplained traffic to 'cloudflarenet' ip ranges also sent from their Dragon browser put me off.
Comodo products seemingly call home too often as well.
Suffice to say i am happy to have all Our home and portable devices without any Comodo products installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 178

Many old members here were supporters or even fans of comodo when CFW was rock solid at v2 or 3 and keep using it until v5 but then Melih started to bloat CIS with fanboy-requested features then it is what it is now, a product never really finalized and way too buggy.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Finally someone thinking like me, I definitely do not like the Comodo products, they drop very fast and your AV is one'' crap''. The most annoying of all are the fanboys Comodo (one of the most fanatical I ever saw) telling me that everything is running smoothly and that your Av is one of the best on the market (laughs). There are many bugs and many things that need to improve and they did not improve very sad ...

M

MalwareT

I dont know what happened to Comodo's detection. Detection was before >90%, now is <90%, i liked Comodo when was v6, but now i dont like it.

Panda IS own Comodo IS

b2QoSVH.jpg

Panda's CEO: "we were 100% sure that we will beat Comodo , we know Kung-fu !"

I'm not Panda's fanboy, but panda has higher detection than Comodo. :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Many old members here were supporters or even fans of comodo when CFW was rock solid at v2 or 3 and keep using it until v5 but then Melih started to bloat CIS with fanboy-requested features then it is what it is now, a product never really finalized and way too buggy.
I ditched Comodo Firewall when v.3 was released because it was full of bugs and they changed their privacy policy where you could not opt-out of data collecting. They even hide the traffic sent to home on Comodo Firewall and if you blocked the firewall access to the web, it ignored them and continued to make connections anyway, the connections were visible using Wireshark. It is just too suspicious for a security product to behave like that. Melih's actions were just too much also making promises after promises, excuses after excuses and nothing ever happening and really no good explanations when users asked about the privacy policy, adware-partners added to whitelists, trust certificates issued to known malware distributors, unexplained connections to home, selling license to rogue vendors to clone Comodo Firewall for profits, and the list goes on, etc. Still many fanboys fully supported all of Melih's suspicious actions and blindly kept using and recommending their products. Like a false prophet leading people straight to hell, but many have got wise to his actions the fanboy population is getting smaller by the numbers.

Enjoy!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.