What Happened to Viruscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
Comodo put a mess in one of my past laptop (it was 5th version) by blocking some drivers; since this time i tried then 6th version and i experienced many bugs also and some blocking of important things; i didn't used it since this time; this program is a piece of crap; maybe powerfull but really unstable and dangerous for a normal user system. I forgot also the thing that comodo is one of the most difficult security program to uninstall (in a clean way i mean); i was a comodo lover and now the contrary; each version with its 300 bugs resolved is a joke:D

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I dont know what happened to Comodo's detection. Detection was before >90%, now is <90%, i liked Comodo when was v6, but now i dont like it.

I'm not Panda's fanboy, but panda has higher detection than Comodo. :D:D
That is exactly what I have noticed too. CAV was very good one year ago.

Reactions: MalwareT

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I dont really care about virus scope or any other hyped element.

Comodo still do a good firewall/HIPS/auto sandbox combo able to protect a system on it`s own.

Detection rates are not as important when relying on the above and the FW is amazingly light.

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
I was also comodo supporter, even my avatar used to be comodo's, now you can see me left with a blank avatar:oops::oops:
I just hope that comodo fixes its fanboyism from version 8 onwards:(:( and come back...

I3rYcE

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
Future changes :
-added new name ->Comodo Endpoint Security
-improved url filters
-added Threatcast features
-more capacity for viruscope
-and more bugs fixed .

Reactions: NSG001

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Let me say this about the whole Comodo thingy.
I always respected their idea's as some of them would if put into practice be a brilliant addition to malware fighting Internet users.
However every Comodo fairytale ends the distinct feeling: "I wish it would be true" yet it turns out another fragile attempt to bind users to their failed product.
I have always supported individual Comodo features as some are pretty good on paper, and as Umbra said version 6 was a shadow of version 5 after that Comodo has become a security risk to your PC.

Let me say this to all Comodo users both advanced and minor users.
Comodo is not going to protect your PC, their feature rich program makes up for the MANY MANY problems with their engine.
I do not care how much one does know about Comodo, but any self respecting security analyst can tell you that so called lesser products offer overall a better protection.

And its true i do hate Comodo and i have -100 love for their fanboys, but granted Comodo use to be a great project and it pains me to say:
Seek a new product.

Cheers

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
It really depends on how it is used, which is probably true with just about any other product (or appliance). I totally agree that CIS (with or without VirusScope), at default settings is a marginally good product, Comodo Firewall with the annoyingly pointless HIPS disabled and Sandbox at Full V is excellent for the Home user.

Last edited:

SD-ahmad

Level 1
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
News the next release to the extent now

rMzjq9.png

Vbxalr.png

jAH9VP.png

Px2gru.png

I think that "viruscope" will work inside and outside the Sandbox :)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Let me say this about the whole Comodo thingy.
I always respected their idea's as some of them would if put into practice be a brilliant addition to malware fighting Internet users.
However every Comodo fairytale ends the distinct feeling: "I wish it would be true" yet it turns out another fragile attempt to bind users to their failed product.
I have always supported individual Comodo features as some are pretty good on paper, and as Umbra said version 6 was a shadow of version 5 after that Comodo has become a security risk to your PC.

Let me say this to all Comodo users both advanced and minor users.
Comodo is not going to protect your PC, their feature rich program makes up for the MANY MANY problems with their engine.
I do not care how much one does know about Comodo, but any self respecting security analyst can tell you that so called lesser products offer overall a better protection.

And its true i do hate Comodo and i have -100 love for their fanboys, but granted Comodo use to be a great project and it pains me to say:
Seek a new product.

Cheers

What exactly do you mean by "MANY MANY problems" ?

There is a world of difference between out of the box and tweeked as with most security products.

As for protecting a computer, Comodo has been on my sons computer for over a year with no problems what so ever and that my friend is the toughest test for any product, believe you me.

There is always a bit of hokus pokus with the latest thing that their pushing but over all a great product.

Regards Eck:)

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
What exactly do you mean by "MANY MANY problems" ?

There is a world of difference between out of the box and tweeked as with most security products.

As for protecting a computer, Comodo has been on my sons computer for over a year with no problems what so ever and that my friend is the toughest test for any product, believe you me.

There is always a bit of hokus pokus with the latest thing that their pushing but over all a great product.

Regards Eck:)

Alright let me first say that if it works for you, then i am more then happy with it.
However from a security point of view Comodo has so many features that its just madness, now as i said being feature rich can be a good thing, however in Comodo's case its a bad thing as virtually all their features are broken and give a false sense of security.
I have seen it with my own eyes on Defcon hackers events, and on Dutch NCSC (National Cyber Security Center) event that Comodo takes exactly 30 seconds for a mediocre hacker / malware attack to penetrate the system using one of the many bugs hidden in Comodo.
And that is Comodo tweaked by Comodo employees them selfs.

They are rated in the real world as the second easiest firewall to crack, and their antivirus is seriously bad compared to others in the industry.
Now this was not always the case version 5 and 6 and previous versions where actually pretty darn good, everything after those version is rubbish at best.

I hope this explains.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 21043

Future changes :
-added new name ->Comodo Endpoint Security
-improved url filters
-added Threatcast features
-more capacity for viruscope
-and more bugs fixed .
@LiLWaYnE Nice profile name, I thought I was the only one who liked Lil Wayne ;)

Anyway, back on topic, I used to like Comodo but after knowing people using Comodo who have had so many problems and still getting infected a lot or even hacked by backdoors etc I'm not so sure with them anymore. We'll see what the next version is like and from there on we can all rethink our opinions on it's performance and latest engine against malware attacks, hackers/backdoors, etc. :p

@n.nvt Never knew they were rated #2 for easiest firewall to crack :D. I'll bear that in mind when thinking of Comodo Firewall. We'll see if anything changes in the future. As to the older versions (5 and 6,...), I agree I did think was good.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
:mad:i switched to linux about 3 months ago and so comodo products are no longer required.I was going to do a one -off scan with their av but thought better of it in the light of this very thread.

Indeed it would appear that comodo as a company will join the abandoned list if things dont shape up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.