Comodo might come back from the grave

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

No! You need to do this research because you are presenting us with these statements which are not factual! You would need to do the research. You talk as if you know all about windows and linux network drivers, all about Kaspersky and Bitdefender.
Trident asked for examples and I provided them. They just have to do a little bit to have a look-see. It is very easy to inspect them.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Read the EULA. The EULA terms put all risk onto the user when using security software. No publisher is going to assume liability for a system that is not under their control.
I have gathered here EULAs of companies that can be considered market leaders. Please point out where these “publishers” state that.

lol, no they don't. You are talking nonsense. A protection engine is often a service, and that's not a driver. Please show us examples of changelogs that show regular driver updates. Oh wait, you can't.
A protection engine is a lot more than a service. And yes, they do. They will not tell you we updated drivers A, B and C and will not provide you with the updates source code, but all of them maintain various changelogs on the security enhancements implemented - and these frequently require updates to various platforms, components and drivers as well.

Then take a look at Kaspersky's and Bitdefender's firewall drivers.
Will do in a moment.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

I have gathered here EULAs of companies that can be considered market leaders. Please point out where these “publishers” state that.
1676022851127.png

1676022880277.png

Symantec does not warrant that the Software and Services will meet Your requirements or that operation of the Software and Services will be uninterrupted or that the Software and Services will be error-free.

I do not need to look at any other EULA. All software publishers use the same basic template, which protects them from liability and puts the entire risk onto the user.

A protection engine is a lot more than a service. And yes, they do. They will not tell you we updated drivers A, B and C and will not provide you with the updates source code, but all of them maintain various changelogs on the security enhancements implemented - and these frequently require updates to various platforms, components and drivers as well.
I never said anything about a publisher providing the source code.

And give an example of a changelog that shows a driver is being regularly updated. So that means you need to provide two or more changelogs that explicitly state that a driver has been updated. Let's say within a year time period.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

You have not told where to get the info! You haven't said anything except "blah blah - this is how windows works. Blah blah , windows drivers have not been updated in years" "blah blah"

All you have said is blah! no facts! Zero- zilch- nada
Sure I did. You're not paying attention. It only takes a 10 second Google search.

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
@Trident and @Ink you are absolutely right!

It's not a matter of freedom of speech.
It is a matter of RESPONSIBILITY with others or third parties.

As long as someone decides to use a +2 years not updated, deeply bugged, not OS compatible etc security software... this is totally fine... even in totalitarian countries people are free of eating their own feces.
But, at the moment that this same someone, who likes to eat his own excrement, he starts to make a public apology to everyone encouraging and motivating everyone to eat poop... that is IRRESPONSIBLE towards others or third parties.
As much as a person says that his feces are safe and delicious... eating any kind of excrement is not good for health.
PS: My eschatological vocabulary is simply a consequence that reflects the low level of this thread.
Wonderful summary of @Oerlink 's blah blah :D

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
The moment he said a protection engine is a user-mode service and only Comodo offers malware warranty, the level of his knowledge became evident. Don’t expect any proof.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

The moment he said a protection engine is a user-mode service and only Comodo offers malware warranty, the level of his knowledge became evident. Don’t expect any proof.
I never said a protection engine is a user-mode service. I said it is often a service. You should go back and read my post carefully, but you're not interested in accuracy. You just put words into peoples' mouths. That's all you've done on this thread.

Who else provides a malware warranty? A EULA is not a malware warranty, but you obviously did not know that.

"One thing that distinguishes Comodo's paid products from the free ones is an impressive warranty. Comodo promises that if malware gets past the product's protection, support agents will spend as much time as it takes to remotely remediate the problem."

Who else provides such a warranty? Nobody.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Read this guidance @Oerlink which Trident shared: Obsolete products

Perhaps you now know more than NSCS as well. Gosh! Since you cannot provide any proof of whatever I have asked for, on what basis should anyone trust your blah?
So what does that have to do with Comodo? Nothing. That's what. That document is talking about obsolete systems such as Windows XP and Office 2007. Comodo's technology is not obsolete. You provided zero.

I did provide you the infos. You explicitly stated you would not do the research.

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
And just to add your long list of blah @Oerlink , since you do not supply proof and ask us to research whatever statements you furnish, then let me make a few statements and perhaps you can hack into my system and check whatever I am saying below is truth or not:

- Love CS firewall at Cruelsister's settings. So, installed it. Considerably slowed down my system and I have a high end laptop with 16 GB ram.
- Considerably slowed down my boot time.
- Observed lots of lag.

Tried using Comodo on a windows 11 machine and got a BSOD. So, like others who have said, it works on their machine with windows 11 - well it doesn't on mine.,

Regardless of whether you trust my statements above, based on best practice guidelines supplied by the NCSC, I would rather not use products which have not been updated in a long time. Why? because as you already know both the threat and the technological landscape changes regularly and I would rather have something installed on my system from a vendor that works on updating their softwares regularly (which most AV vendors do) or even better just use Windows defender with Andy's tools.

And I am sorry to say but you do not know better than the NCSC.

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
I never said a protection engine is a user-mode service. I said it is often a service. You should go back and read my post carefully, but you're not interested in accuracy. You just put words into peoples' mouths. That's all you've done on this thread.

Who else provides a malware warranty? A EULA is not a malware warranty, but you obviously did not know that.

"One thing that distinguishes Comodo's paid products from the free ones is an impressive warranty. Comodo promises that if malware gets past the product's protection, support agents will spend as much time as it takes to remotely remediate the problem."

Who else provides such a warranty? Nobody.
Actually lot of vendors do!

Look here:

The fact that you do not even know what you are talking about and mindlessly writing statements blows my mind!

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Actually lot of vendors do!

Look here:

The fact that you do not even know what you are talking about and mindlessly writing statements blows my mind!
Since NortonLifeLock merged with Avast and AVG to form Gen Digital, the same has been extended to Avast and AVG. It has been offered for years by McAfee too.

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
So what does that have to do with Comodo? Nothing. That's what. That document is talking about obsolete systems such as Windows XP and Office 2007. Comodo's technology is not obsolete. You provided zero.

I did provide you the infos. You explicitly stated you would not do the research.
Lets look at the dictionary definition of the word obsolete:

1676025635310.png

Do check the synonyms ! To understand what synonyms mean, this is the dictionary definition of the term:

1676025680970.png

By the dictionary definition of the term, Comodo is outdated a.k.a obsolete :D

Since NortonLifeLock merged with Avast and AVG to form Gen Digital, the same has been extended to Avast and AVG. It has been offered for years by McAfee too.
And this further goes to show that @Oerlink is misleading people here and has zero idea what he is talking about!

No you did not - you just claimed to do a google search for windows not updating its kernel drivers since the early 1990's. How much can you lie in a matter of a few minutes? Anyone can scroll back on this thread and see you have not provided any info!

So you believe in a person eating their own feces too? That's just nasty. Are you guys like a cult or something?
No, he is summarising your behavior :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.