What is one of the best things you know how to cook?

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I am more a fan of intermittent feasting.

I believe that we digest ancient (non-engineered) food better than stuff which is only available since 50 years. Netflix has an amazing series on food and living habits (about 100 years old in Okinawa, Sardinia and somewhere in Greece). When I was in Italy I also noticed in mountain area cities (for instace in Umbrie ) that old people had to climb stairs a lot (to do shoppings etc) and should be much fitter than seniors in Netherlands (endless flatlands). Also the inclusion of the third generation (grand ma and grand dad) in social life in the mediterranean helps to stay healthy (also in the head) and feel included. This is a big difference in more Northern Anglo Saxon American culture where we use to put old people away in senior centres.

I can make pasta's and seafood and a lot of asian dishes like Ramen, Ikan Pepisan, Indian butter chicken, Pad Thai and of course Dutch slow cooked meat with veggie mash :) (klapstuk met hubspot)

Last edited by a moderator:

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
after an unhealthy report several years ago, I became a vegetarian (yes I'm one of those people now) and health problem corrected itself and never felt better. eat a lot of salads... and intermittent fasting every day... see eg

I could never become a vegetarian, I want to keep eating my steak....and die happy. :p

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I could never become a vegetarian, I want to keep eating my steak....and die happy. :p
don't imply that I am unhappy, I am happy, per capita I think there's more happy vegetarians than happy meat eaters... but I don't know that for a fact :ROFLMAO: but see The China Study (2006) Campbell PhD & Campbell MD ("the most comprehensive study of nutrition ever conducted") (actually I don't care what anyone else eats, I'm not trying to make "converts") :ROFLMAO:

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
don't imply that I am unhappy, I am happy, per capita I think there's more happy vegetarians than happy meat eaters... but I don't know that for a fact :ROFLMAO: but see The China Study (2006) Campbell PhD & Campbell MD ("the most comprehensive study of nutrition ever conducted") (actually I don't care what anyone else eats, I'm not trying to make "converts") :ROFLMAO:
Simmer, I wasn't implying that you are unhappy, not at all, I was implying that I would be very unhappy not eating meat. (y)

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
As a single guy, my motto is "if it ain't froze, it ain't food" 😅 I do like and make a veggie chicken crock-pot stew with French bread every now and then.

We all have these stories, this type of hard thing we went through or some are going through even now, but when my mom went through her pancreatic cancer, I used to spend the weekend's bedside at the care center. One of the things she had on her mind the most, was food. With that cancer, you really can't eat, but she would name foods she would want. At times we (my sisters and I) would get it for her, make it for her from our homes or at the facility and she would take one bite, and that was it. It was just the idea or the smell, and maybe even a taste that was a past memory of the food that she liked.

From that experience, it reminded me to enjoy everything in moderation including food, and to not totally deny myself of those guilty pleasures in a while :)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.