Advice Request What Is The Best AV You Have Tried?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
In that order, I can give

1. Kaspersky / F-Secure Safe - used for a long time without infection
  2. Gdata - used briefly but system clean
  3. AVG/AVAST - used intermittently but also without surprises.
  4. Arcabit/MKS - used for a long time without infection
  5. I have fond memories of NOD32 version 2.x (it saved my ass once). I don't know how modern versions work. But in those days NOD32 was a revolution in Poland

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
The best one I've had doesn't exist anymore and that was DriveSentry in 2009.
A Cloud base + a HIPS, it was a real fortress.
When it closed, I switched to Coranti (also closed), an Antivirus that had..... 5 engines !

Otherwise in Antivirus that still exists, it was a lot Norton, Eset, Bitdefender and Kaspersky.

F

ForgottenSeer 94654

None.

Every single antivirus or internet security suite I've ever tried was trivially bypassed, there were bugs and caused problems either with the OS or applications of one type or another. Another very common problem was getting the publisher to fix reported problems.

Professional antivirus labs rarely report the hundreds of bugs and other problems that they experience with antivirus. But everybody that has a basic experience within the industry knows that av are problematic.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
None.

Every single antivirus or internet security suite I've ever tried was trivially bypassed, there were bugs and caused problems either with the OS or applications of one type or another. Another very common problem was getting the publisher to fix reported problems.

Professional antivirus labs rarely report the hundreds of bugs and other problems that they experience with antivirus. But everybody that has a basic experience within the industry knows that av are problematic.
Omg you are still here…..

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Kaspersky (antivirus, Pure, Total Security, Security Cloud) is my absolute !
But now (due to political reasons) I use ESET SSP since 24th february 2022 and I'm very happy with it; however I'm waiting the return of the peace and I will return to Kaspersky.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Some years ago, it was Kaspersky Internet Security. I can recall the graphics with the shirts going thru the wringer when you had it scanning your system. Also, it just felt "safe" like a cocoon. That was back when K was at the top of the heap and the others just wished they were.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.