Advice Request What Is The Best AV You Have Tried?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
The old Avast Free 4.x was the best AV of many that I used on Windows XP. Kaspersky Free was the best on Windows 10 (very light, no FPs) until version 21.5 apparently introduced a WiFi bug with Patch B. (When I get time, I'll try it with the newly released Patch C.)

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
I used a few AV's over the year, my favourite are.

My favourite overall is Eset, runs light on the system decent signatures with very low FP never had any issues, downsides hips is near useless on default settings, the pricing for Eset is considerable more than other like Kaspersky or Bitdefender I can get 5 device license cheaper for them than one year of Eset 1 device.

My overall favourite after Eset is F-Secure light on system system resources with decent behaviour blocker, one minor downsides sometimes suffers from false positive usual from DeepGuard.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.