Advice Request What is the best page to calculate the watts of a pc?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hello everyone I am looking for a website to calculate the watts needed for a suitable PSU according to the components. Which ones do you use or recommend? I am looking for one that has old models of processors also, that is to say the most complete and as accurate as possible. I know there are a lot of such websites including many PSU manufacturers, that's why I ask you here. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Hello everyone I am looking for a website to calculate the watts needed for a suitable PSU according to the components. Which ones do you use or recommend? I am looking for one that has old models of processors also, that is to say the most complete and as accurate as possible. I know there are a lot of such websites including many PSU manufacturers, that's why I ask you here. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.
Whatever you get make sure it's ATX 3.0 compatible: ATX 3.0 explained: Why Intel gave power supplies their first overhaul in 20 years

F

ForgottenSeer 77194

From what I know the larger the capacity the better. The highest possible power usage drawn from PC components must be below PSU Capacity.
If you are planning to buy the latest Nvidia GPU, buy a PSU with at least 2000 watts capacity.;)

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I don't plan on buying anything for now, I'm just asking this as a matter of study. Thank you very much.

Reactions: [correlate]

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I had also seen this page, beyond the fact that they recommend PSUs from the manufacturer I think it is not bad at all. I was not checking if it has support for older processors. Thank you very much.

Reactions: [correlate]

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.