Advice Request What is the best System Optimization; ASC vs Wise vs Kerish Doctor?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@MisterToto : Well it uses their in-house AV Engine which you may considered to check it out. According to the post by @bitbizket from a thread of Kerish Doctor , stated the following:

1. If your PC is blocked by malware or an fullscreen application has stopped responding press Escape button for 10 seconds to activate Kerish Deblocker function to terminate active window process.
2. In-house AV engine functions as a secondary anti-malware layer with very low false detections.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Perhaps adding a poll would be a good idea. Can mods still add one?

I use CCleaner with Enhancer and Kerish Doctor * my favorite.
Once Kerish Doctor grows accustomed to an individual pc, essentially addding files to "ignore list", it becomes really good and safe.

Reactions: JB007 and randj89

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Perhaps adding a poll would be a good idea. Can mods still add one?

Once Kerish Doctor grows accustomed to an individual pc, essentially addding files to "ignore list", it becomes really good.
They are all supposedly real good until a registry key or system file is removed and then it turns ugly very quicky.:confused:

Reactions: JB007 and Butterfly

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
They are all supposedly real good until a registry key or system file is removed and then it turns ugly very quicky.:confused:
Precisely why it has an 'ignore list'.
Like it states in the product "ignore list is periodically updated by objects that can not be corrected during the work of program"
and it also comes with a 'file protection' which possess a list of essential system files and boot files.
"When removing this files, they will be recovered by the program."

Despite this, I will recommend initial users to still make a backup and to manually ignore files or registry that appears after scanning. After week or so, the ignore list should have grown enough for the product to be deemed "safe".

Reactions: JB007
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I used to like Glary, but it does some back end stuff I am not comfortable with and has been flagged as a PUA by some firms.

Kerish Doctor is really really good. Don't overlook Privacy Eraser, I bought a pro license for the secure wiping and it's probably the best automated/scheduled cleaner around. Third on the list, probably Privazer, I donated to get the donors version, it's quite nice as well.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
i have used a trial version of kerish doctor....nice piece of software (y)
my "daily driver" are wise disk cleaner and bleachbit. thats enough.
with ccleaner and enhancer i shot my old system...the windows search was broken :cry:

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I use them like this;

Session Driver - Auto History Wipe Extension (Chrome, purges all tracks on browser exit)
Daily Driver - Privacy Eraser Pro (automated, daily cleanup at night, manual updating, ZERO telemetry/logging in it!)
Weekly Driver - PrivaZer + G Data Tuneup. (every Sunday, around 3-6PM, deep clean)
Monthly Driver - Bleachbit Portable w/Winapp.ini community database. (End of every month)

I switched from Kerish to Privacy Eraser Pro since PEP has zero logging/telemetry and is quiet. Kerish is still a favorite of mine, but I use it on-demand if needed to fix issues. I probably won't renew it after my 3 years runs out.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.