Advice Request What is the best video player?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
SMPlayer. In my usage it was less resource intensive than vlc.
You would notice the difference clearly on less powerful hardware. Vlc struggled to play 1080p x265 mp4 file, but SMPlayer played it without any hiccups.
Also it remembers the last playing position of files and subtitles loaded last time, search & download subtitles, save screenshot, play youtube or any streaming link, play dvd, play internet radio, save playlist, all other basic player features.

Last edited:
Reactions: ispx

Tiny

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 29, 2016
Used to use Potplayer with madVR, but now permanently switched to Media Player .NET (MPDN) with render scripts.

Reactions: frogboy

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
SMPlayer. In my usage it was less resource intensive than vlc.
You would notice the difference clearly on less powerful hardware. Vlc struggled to play 1080p x265 mp4 file, but SMPlayer played it without any hiccups.
Also it remembers the last playing position of files and subtitles loaded last time, search & download subtitles, save screenshot, play youtube or any streaming link, play dvd, play internet radio, save playlist, all other basic player features.

Good thing that PotPlayer can do all of those, and even more like Game/Video Recording [just one out of bazillion things it does], yet everything in a tiny 20MB setup. :D SMPlayer is also neat by the way, it would be my 2nd/3rd choice :)

Reactions: brambedkar59

SaeedLohana

Level 2
Verified
May 28, 2017
I use vlc, it's pretty good but I will switch to MPC-HC next time I reinstall my OS, just to try something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.