What is the most secure mainstream browser ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
What do other Google services have to do with Chrome's privacy?

TBH I use only 6 services; Android, Search, Maps, Drive, Translate and YouTube (without YouTube account).

You're saying that Google is bad for collecting data, right? How about Microsoft? Did you saw the list what Microsoft collects from users in Windows 10? If not, you should really check it out.
That's why I was asking who do you want to hand your privacy to?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
That's why I was asking who do you want to hand your privacy to?
Who do you?
upload_2017-6-12_16-38-6.png

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Personally I use Microsoft Edge on Windows version 1703. Can't say which browser is the safest and no one else can say as this is a relative thing. If it is from a reputable company and updated to the latest version it is generally as safe as a usable browser can be. Browser is just one layer of the protection.

Reactions: ravi prakash saini

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
That was one of my tablets' setup. It doesn't speak the whole truth. Like I mentioned many times in this forum I'm trying very hard to move away from MS, Google and Yahoo. Already not using Yahoo services and next on my list is Google

Yah, FF is great and I'm using it but it's a bit slow. Just found non-googled Brave browser which I'm testing now.

Tested Chromium, SRWare Iron, Cent, Iridium and they all phone home to Google. I believe Opera and SlimJet will likewise.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I know to delete my Google account but that will terminate the use of my Andorid smartphone as well......unless I move to Apple which I'm considering. My Android smart tvs by Samsung is another issue why I still need a Google account

Close MS account....not possible for I need MS OS and Office 365. No matter how much you disable MS's ads there's always a way that MS will track you.....unless you move to other OSes.

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
For those who are border line needing paranoia therapy, there is a simple solution to privacy.

They can only collect what you are willing to divulge on your system and in your uses, this applies not only with the browsers, but to the whole system and online websites. It really is that simple.

As per the topic, I would say Google Chrome at this time, and use it as well.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
unless I move to Apple which I'm considering
Apple don't provide a simple "Close my account" as Microsoft, Google or Yahoo. You may need to get in touch with Apple Support (escalated) if you ever want to Permanently delete your Apple ID Account, though I cannot confirm if it's actually possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.