Question What is the real difference between AVG and Avast?

AVG
29 Replies 8,615 Views
Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.
Adguard is not Avast or AVG. i think you are in the wrong topic.

I was referring to the last paragraph here:

 
The protection is the same whether it is AVG or Avast.

Avast has more modules, even more with its version One. But I find it a gas factory from time to time and for me it has lost its soul as a simple antivirus for beginners.

AVG has an interface that is for me a little old-fashioned, but it still does the job. Less modules, so lighter.

As for the aggressions they make to push to the paid version, both do it very well... Even if AVG does it less often.

you say AVG has less modules? can you elaborate please?

So, AVG has less modules than Avast but its efficiency is the same ? :unsure:
What are the missing modules for AVG ? :unsure:
 
I don't believe so but it doesn't really matter. It still offers excellent protection for free.
I tried checking on youtube, AVG does have Ransomware protection, but since the naming is different it's not clear if it's the Ransomware Shield or some other more basic one.
I think AVG Free could be worth it over Avast Free if it still has the Data Shredder, but I also can't tell if it still does.
 
Last edited:
Avast is quite modular when installing. You can just not install many of its components if you think you won't need them. It also allows you to add them later if you change your mind, so it's possible to make an Avast install identical to AVG and the protection level should be the same. They're basically the same product nowadays.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top