Qubes is definitely the winner. It's built specifically for ultra-paranoid security.What about Porteous Kiosk or Qubes?
I never tried them.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Qubes is definitely the winner. It's built specifically for ultra-paranoid security.What about Porteous Kiosk or Qubes?
I never tried them.
What you call "mounting" is usually called running a virtual machine. Yes, you can do it, but is not the recommended way to go about your daily computer tasks, because it is more complicated than necessary, and uses a lot of computer resources.This is all new to me and I don't want to have to use Windows 10. I love Windows 7 and hate to give it up. I understand from reading that I can mount a Linux operating system on top of Windows 7 or any version of windows. Does anyone here know if this is true? Also, if I reformat my disk, can I load one of the Linux distros onto it without first installing windows. Can anyone point me to where I can get started learning all this?
Thank you for your help.
divinenews,
aka Elijah Gale
This is by using a Virtual Machine (VM) , you have 2 of them Virtual Box (Free) or VMware Workstation (Paid, don't look at the free version, it suxx)I understand from reading that I can mount a Linux operating system on top of Windows 7 or any version of windows.
What you are describing is just installing an Operating System, the same way you install Windows or else, you just need to download an ISO of your selected Linux distribution, make it a bootable USB, plug it and start the procedure. we can't orient you until you choose which Linux OS to use.Also, if I reformat my disk, can I load one of the Linux distros onto it without first installing windows. Can anyone point me to where I can get started learning all this?
I assume you already know that a lot of programs can't run on linux, right? For instance, Microsoft Office. If you need Word to function, it doesn't run on Linux. There are tons of other programs, too, that don't run on Linux.This is all new to me and I don't want to have to use Windows 10. I love Windows 7 and hate to give it up. I understand from reading that I can mount a Linux operating system on top of Windows 7 or any version of windows. Does anyone here know if this is true? Also, if I reformat my disk, can I load one of the Linux distros onto it without first installing windows. Can anyone point me to where I can get started learning all this?
Thank you for your help.
divinenews,
aka Elijah Gale
I've been using Linux for about four years now (on a second PC). Any Linux is already safe by default. Two points are important: 1) be sure to install all system and program updates, and 2) turn on the firewall. You can use gufw (the graphical interface for ufw) for this, and that will be enough. And do not connect third-party repositories, and do not install unknown programs. And most importantly, do not run as root!Hello, I would like to know in your opinion which is the safest distro. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes