What is your favorite malware?

SkyboundSteven

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jun 30, 2014
Please pick an answer, or submit your answer on reply section below!

EDIT: I mean, those ones you enjoy watching in VM.

And, out of context but,
Revenge is a dish best served...
  1. Cold
  2. Hot
  3. With a poison
  4. With smile
  5. Unknowingly
Pick one of above and answer below!

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Hello,

I have to admit...CryptoLocker is the one that will mess with a person's Zen probably more than any other malware.

However, I immensely dislike a little devil that AV cannot stop...variously classified as Win32Kill, WinKill, FileKill, Shutdowner, etc.
In fact, many AVs don't even bother classifying it as malware.

Win32Kill shuts down your system...no matter what. Whatever hasn't been backed-up is gone.

Aggravating, truly malicious gremlin with no other intent than to mess with your head.

hjlbx

SkyboundSteven

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jun 30, 2014
I personally love Sasser, and some variants of automated IE Aurora Poison.

p.s. I even made a collection of interesting viruses and "jokes", containing Rigel, Stuxnet, Train, Agent (red screen variant), Panama, MeltingScreen, DarkSky, and so on.

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Currently, it would be Regin. Watching such APT malware attacks is like watching a good detective movie :). Also, I feel that this is the malware that was described in the Snowden documents as it could steal the data of an entire nation. The only thing lacking is a good zeroday exploit.

But of course there might be more interesting ones that is still worming around, just that we don't know about it yet.

Reactions: SkyboundSteven

Frame of Mind

Level 1
Verified
May 7, 2015
Since I am a newbie I forgot the name, but it is basically a malware that put your computer into a "forever" rebooting status. (or something along those lines).

Thanks for reading,
John.

NekoJonez

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2015
I like the payload of Krotten. Destructive and annoying as all hell.

Yet, I like the Maldal payload as well. With the fake "Send to the whitehouse" box and copying itself like 10.000 times. (At least.)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.