Advice Request What is your favorite mobile brand ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

What is your favorite mobile brand in 2020-2021 ?

• Apple (iPhone)

Votes: 32 39.5%
  • Samsung

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • Xiaomi + Redmi

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Huawei + Honor

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Lenovo

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Oppo + Realme

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Vivo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZTE

• Alcatel

• LG

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
A tentative vote for Samsung. Certainly not Apple. Good products but no more than that and way overpriced for what they actually are. Samsung are also overpriced but not to the same extent. I would possibly vote for Huawei but for privacy/security concerns.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
huawei. then iphone, then samsung. i know they`re not the same OS, but the questions was reffering to brands. i had to give up the huawei because of the lack of google services. now i`m using a s20 and not satisfied with it- battery is very close to being garbage, camera smoothens everything too much, even with all the filters off, the night mode will never be comparable to huawei/ pixel/ iphone. i use the exynos varyant- this is the one imported in my country.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I voted for Xiaomi, as they provide top quality phones at a low price and I have no need for an expensive phone. My Redmi Note 4X runs really well after upgrading to custom Android 10 firmware and I doubt I'll change phones for at least a few years.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
No favorite brand, I look at the key specifications first:

Display: screen size, resolution, pixel density, display type, refresh rate, screen to body ratio
Performance: chip-set, processor, graphics, RAM (Antutu & Geekbench ratings)
Camera: front and rear camera resolution, aperture, sensors
Battery: capacity, quick charging support
and other features like Storage available, Network connectivity features, O.S support, weight and body design

And then I find out which ones are supported in the price range that I'm looking for.

Since there's nothing that has caught my interest yet in one month or met the specifications that I'm interested in since I've lost my phone, I currently don't own one :p

I do know one thing though, Apple won't be meeting my expectations for a long long while. Just overpriced for the specifications you get. :oops: Smartphones get outdated very soon, so no point in putting my money on this one.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Apple won't be meeting my expectations for a long long while. Just overpriced for the specifications you get. :oops: Smartphones get outdated very soon, so no point in putting my money on this one.
To be fair their devices are the most powerful ones and all other are a lot behind.
Also they support 5+ years every phone while most on android is 3 years with Google and other even get only 2 or even 1 years.

Apple also provide a nice replace for old devices which isn't possible with Android devices so this all ends in more friendly economy system.

And last but not least Apple is the only phone (and desktop) company who realy care about costumer security and privacy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.